Post your "Cheesy" 80's band photo's.

It's weird to see the contrast of then versus now.

It's also weird to think that people actually dressed that way - I was born in '84, and grew up in the country. I've always thought of it as just in the movies I grew up watching.

ByteFrenzy said:
GoDrex said:
Why do the two guys have their hands on the middle dude's shoulders? :laughing7:

And why are the FOUR of them calling themselves TRINITY ?

The Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost, and the Flying Squirrel

The guy sitting is the bad a** of the bunch. Hands are on the shoulders to hold him back.  Five minutes later chaos erupted, the chair thrown across the room, TFS rips down the backdrop, and the guy on the left loosens his suspenders.  Total mayhem.

Great pic, thanks for posting.

Trinityphoto.jpg

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Here ya go, just put it out there, & man up.  We've all worn stuff & had hair cuts we wish we could dis-invent.  Post away. Remember, only pics from the 80's.

This was taken December, 1983.  I was 17, and this is a rare photo of 1 of the 3 times I've had short hair since I was 14 in 1980.  My hair had to be short because I attended a private school for my senior year of high school.

The name of the band was Trinity, 1983-1984.  That's me on the top right.

Trinityphoto.jpg

I hate to be one to generalize, but I'd (almost) be willing to bet my guitar collection that the guy with the glasses was your bass player!!!

And just to make sure that nobody is insulted, I wear corrective eyewear and I DO play bass!!!

I love how all of the 80s cliches are in there.  Denim jackets, sleeveless shirts, butt-cuts, large eyewear, bandannas, wispey mustaches, ambigiguous Asian affiliation, camo pants, and I guess atleast one of you is wearing checkered shoes or parachute pants.  The biggest 80s cliche....Olan Mills.  I'm not bagging though, I think I had a ductail at that time....which eventually turned into a mullet.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Basically, we were a Christian Rock band, ala Iron Maiden.
"Christian Rock Band" is kind of an oxymoron, the 2 kinda cancel each other out... :dontknow:

Beside, Iron Maiden is not a "Christian" rock band...No offense..

The Iron Maiden reference was just citing a musical influence.  And believe me, there are plenty of bands that rock, even though their Christian beliefs fuel thier motivation.

Different topic for a different thread on a different day though.

Well, I'd like to thank Tony for posting that particular picture.  :-\  My hair is actually changing color again, gray now. Yeah, the 80s were really special weren't they?

DangerousR6 said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Basically, we were a Christian Rock band, ala Iron Maiden.
"Christian Rock Band" is kind of an oxymoron, the 2 kinda cancel each other out... :dontknow:

It really SHOULD be an oxymoron but some bands pull it off.

You know what...

I'll do this  :icon_jokercolor:

Well, this was '96, but that's as early as I can get it.

Back in my blonde days...

rocker2.jpg

rocker1.jpg

My hair just got darker... maybe I should be outside more. One of my band friend's hair is almost yellow after this weekend.

Oh, and I was all :headbang: :party07: :guitaristgif:

Back