Post what you're listening to!

Say what you will about Styx the corporate entity and their sometimes drippy output, but Tommy Shaw was responsible for putting some bangers in the catalog. And Daryl Hall's thing where he plays with all manner of musicians in his barn can be hit-or-miss (as a matter of my personal taste), but you can't argue with his strategy of just having a good time playing with whoever he wants to play with.

Say what you will about Styx the corporate entity and their sometimes drippy output, but Tommy Shaw was responsible for putting some bangers in the catalog. And Daryl Hall's thing where he plays with all manner of musicians in his barn can be hit-or-miss (as a matter of my personal taste), but you can't argue with his strategy of just having a good time playing with whoever he wants to play with.

That is actually Aaron isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the First show i took my future wife to (in 1991)3rd Row in Front of Mr Edward VanHalen Did Not Disappoint!

I was actually listening to this in the car when I went out to pick up my lunch today! Haven't heard it in years and years, and here it is twice in one day.

Alas, I recently saw video of Don Felder appearing solo. He performed Hotel California and his voice was aggressively autotuned. Dude, if you can't hit the notes at your age, folks will understand. Way better than sounding like some marketing-department's designated teenybopper with no discernible talent apart from cuteness.

I searched this thread to see if my response had been posted before, and it was.... four years ago.

So to bring up this virtuoso again, while I'm excitedly waiting for her next album:

A lot of us would describe much of the twentieth century's classical music as "inaccessible," "pretentious," or "boring" and I would agree. With that being said (and upon my first-ever listen), I don't hate it. In fact, I think I kinda like it. Honestly, I'm amazed at how one can get these sounds out of a piano with assorted hardware, rubber, and plastic bits.

funky jazzy rocky whatever. I may have posted this on this endless thread sometime before, but I don't care, it's always a good day to hear this stuff.

Jimmy Herring is a mindblowing talent, and so self-effacing. The music does the talking. No shredder posturing, no jazzbo pointyheadedness - just love of the music and commitment to making it as good as possible. With a nice bluesy stank to go with the endless technical mastery.

Back