Positive Grid's Spark

DarkPenguin

It's cute. It's fun. It sounds way better than it should. It isn't as intuitive as it should be but once you get over a few low hurdles it is pretty straight forward.

Also it makes a fun surprise when it takes so long to arrive that you forget you ever ordered it.

I was debating between the Spark and the Katana, but ultimately decided to go with the Katana since I could use it for amp, USB and audio interface, and as silent practice rig.

I did like the Spark and am still heavily tempted to grab one just to keep on the desk for late night recording and practice.

I have one and really like it.  I think the tones are better when recording with a DI.  Some of so good, and other are terrible.  The Led Zep/Page tones to example need some help.  I have had to lower the noise gate on almost every tone but other than that I really like it.

I just downloaded to Boston/Tom Scholtz and Brian May so excited to try those.

MikeW said:
I was debating between the Spark and the Katana, but ultimately decided to go with the Katana since I could use it for amp, USB and audio interface, and as silent practice rig.

I did like the Spark and am still heavily tempted to grab one just to keep on the desk for late night recording and practice.
I have both. I like that the Spark lets me modify it with an android app which the Katana doesn't have. I like that the Katana lets me modify it with a PC app which the Spark doesn't have.

Back