Picture of HSH les paul?

NLD09

I saw a picture of a HSH les paul a while back. it wasn't the purple one orpheo's got,

all the pickups had rings on them, including the single coil.

anybody have a picture of a HSH les paul?

thanks.

I think this was called a "Superpaul"? I'm not a Les Paul guy, so not sure if that's the correct term.

superpaul2.jpg

Super%20Pauljpg.jpg

Wonder what is the switching configuration.  Reminds me of Alvin Lee of Ten Years After's ES335.

my question would be how did they get the middle pickup ring to follow the carved top? unless it's not a carved top.

NLD09 said:
my question would be how did they get the middle pickup ring to follow the carved top? unless it's not a carved top.
Just tape some sandpaper to the top and sand the contour into the plastic ring.

smavridis said:
Blue313 said:
NLD09 said:

GENIUS!

the single coil rings are much too thin, you'd sand through it before the bottom matched the carve of the guitar. also the only ring i've been able to find is sold by stew-mac and it's metal, not too easy to sand.

NLD09 said:
smavridis said:
Blue313 said:
NLD09 said:

GENIUS!

the single coil rings are much too thin, you'd sand through it before the bottom matched the carve of the guitar. also the only ring i've been able to find is sold by stew-mac and it's metal, not too easy to sand.

not genius :(

The ring could be a custom job, like made of PG material or something.  That would be thinner obviously.  Some HB rings are curved on the bottom to remain flat on top while others are flexible enough that the whole thing is parallel with the carved top.  I can't see enough in the detail to know which these are, let alone the SC ring.

Back