Pics of non-waterslide headstock logos

rookosu

So those of you who didn't want to fuss with actually setting in waterslide logos, but did want something on the headstock, can you share examples of what you did, whether it's regular adhesive decals, other ideas etc.

Thanks!

If you do a search you might find where builders have burned designs into the wood.

Warmoth sells some die-cut embossed metal logos that are carrier-free and look pretty classy installed, as opposed to stickers that have an obvious outline to them. Those come in black, chrome and gold.

BlackMetalDecal.jpg

You can have a similar thing custom made, but minimum order quantities (think 250+) usually limit their use to OEMs or prolific builders.

this is what I've got:

index.php

As Cagey points out there was a large minimum order.

Attachments

• IMG_5919.jpg
    IMG_5919.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 447
Around 125.  Their MOQ are based on the total area of material, so if you had a huge design then it would turn into a smaller MOQ.

I bought a Cricut Joy specifically to do this! :)  In the long run, I think it's lower cost than buying a stock of premade/precut emblems because of the price of the vinyl plus the endless customization.

I applied this to the one I'm working on for a friend. This is their last name (and you can see my Cricut on the bass amp behind it)
Headstock.png

Others I'd done previously (before I settled on rendering my "brand" in all caps instead of mixed case):

Blue-J-2.jpg

Ke-Kai-5.jpg

20200525_-092916.jpg

And there's my Cricut again:
2020-12-07-18.38.35-600.jpg

This one was fun to do. It's the motto of the FC Bayern soccer/football team:

Bayern3.jpg

I use a branding iron and burn my logo "420" into the wood.

Bill

Attachments

• 420.jpg
    420.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 161
Here's the decal on mine, I believe it's a laser-cut metal sticker, i really like it, sets it off against the dark roasted swamp ash, and matches the gold hardware surprisingly well!
Super happy with mine!

Attachments

• HS1.JPG
    HS1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 162
  • HS2.JPG
    HS2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 144
  • HS3.JPG
    HS3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Here are some variations I've tried...

NrGW5Po.jpg

dJahWLw.jpg

ssghLrB.jpg

Laser engraving is also on the list, but I really want the die cut metal ones - @Mayfly, remind where you got yours - my (often faulty) memory has led me to a company called Morningprint(?)

NedRyerson said:
I bought a Cricut Joy specifically to do this! :)  In the long run, I think it's lower cost than buying a stock of premade/precut emblems because of the price of the vinyl plus the endless customization.

I applied this to the one I'm working on for a friend. This is their last name (and you can see my Cricut on the bass amp behind it)
Headstock.png

I've had good luck doing something similar. Vinyl or foil decals really work well on unfinished necks of course, too. I don't own a Cricut but some nice person on reddit offered to cut a few of my design and mail them to me, they worked great:

9iPXGnbh.jpg

I also have bought a foil decal from this site https://guitar-restore.com/ and it was super nice, even nicer than the vinyl. I sent the seller some vector artwork and he cut/printed the "decal".

XuweGXTh.jpg

Back