Pickups for my new Tuxedo

alexmyla

So i was on ebay (i really should be studying) and saw some seymour duncans on there with the black and white zebra bobbins. Now i got really excited cause usually all i can find are the black black or black creme which is cool but not what im goin for here. So i pulled the trigger and bought a pair.

Pearly Gates Neck
Seymour Duncan Custom Bridge

I wanted to try something different and those two seemed to have what i wanted individually while leaving the combinations a surprise for me to find out. Thoughts?

love the color choices! i've ordered a Tele Deluxe body from warmoth, and a CBS Strat neck, and had to custom order some pickups through banjomikez (is that who you bought from? he's ridiculously helpful). the pickups i ordered were black/white reverse zebra. can't wait to see your's, since you should have them well before i get mine.

definitely interested to hear what the combo is like too. i've never been a SD fan, and i've never used their pickups in a guitar before. decided to see what they're all about and got the standard JB/Jazz combo for my guitar.

what kind of guitar are you putting them in?

Im puttin them in a LP. Its my favorite guitar style. Im a big EMG user and love them to death, but decided for this next build i wanted something different. I was considering using the JB jazz combo (which is just awesome btw), instead i decided to try a combinaton i'd never heard of. I've played the pearly gates before and i love it and i've played the custom and loved it so i figured that combining them with split coil and all those configurations would yeild some interesting tones.

yea i ordered from the same guy as you. actually since im in india i had my Mom put in the order so when i got home i could get a head start gathering parts and everything. i also recently bought some white pickup rings which were hard to find.

now all i need to do is get a Stop tailpiece powder coated white to match the rings and stuff and then it will look awesome on a gloss black LP carved top.

so thats my project, its gonna take some time and will get done faster if i pass my exams!

sounds like an awesome project! i bet it'll be even more satisfying finishing it when some of the parts you need are kind of tough to come by. my guitar's using pretty standard parts, so everything's just a matter of finding a supplier on ebay or stewmac or something. can't wait to see a powder coated bridge, though!

Ok so i changed my mind about the pickups....after hearing a demo for the Mark Tremonti PRS pups i was sold....its got just what i want and the sound im lookin for plus amazing versitility.

Back