Pickup routing for VW Showcase bodies

Stubblecat

Just curious, because my next build is going to be an Ernie Ball Axis-style (or the VW, as Warmoth categorizes them):

Almost every single guitar I've seen in this style is a bridge / neck humbucker setup, but almost all of the Showcase bodies are bridge only.
If I were to buy a Showcase body with a bridge setup, could I get the neck scooped out as well?

While I'm at it...  While I know Warmoth's bread 'n butter is the Strat, maybe tossing an Ernie Ball neck or two into the showcase wouldn't hurt.  Again, almost every neck I've seen on the real deal has been a nice birdseye maple, but there have been the same 3 rosewood fingerboard necks in the Showcase for months now.

I hate to bitch, but for some us of who aren't named Rockefeller sometimes ordering straight out of the Showcase is a more financially viable option compared to the roll-of-the-dice that can be the custom order.

I had asked about an unfinished body if they would rout an extra pickup hole and the answer was no, what you see is what you get. You can do it yourself of course. I think the necks in the showcase are the most populars, most necks are Warmoth Pro/standard thin neck. I waited for months and finally decided to order one exactly how I wanted it. There are too many options for a neck to consider that affect playability so better be sure what you 'll get.

Kostas said:
I had asked about an unfinished body if they would rout an extra pickup hole and the answer was no, what you see is what you get. You can do it yourself of course. I think the necks in the showcase are the most populars, most necks are Warmoth Pro/standard thin neck. I waited for months and finally decided to order one exactly how I wanted it. There are too many options for a neck to consider that affect playability so better be sure what you 'll get.
Most of the time we can rout another pickup hole for you without a problem. If we told you we couldn't, there must a been a reason why.

As far as the Ernie Ball necks, we make what we can when we have time but I am actually kind of glad there are some up there at least.

I too think it would nice if there were more EB Musicman necks in the showcase. Specifically, a few all maple necks.

EBMM are known for thier great necks and I think anyone interested in a EBMM neck would probably want it as close to the original as possible.

I.E., Highly figured birdseye, Wolfgang back profile (for us EVH/Axis lovers), 10" fingerboard radius (Though I'd probably want the 10"/16"compound radius), 1 5/8" nut width, 6105 frets, and... No Finish - raw or oiled wood.
People can get them finished if they like that kind'a thing, or are just worried about keeping the warrenty intact.

Back