Pick-up rings for carved top tele regular humbucker route

petriw

Hello all. Am looking for recommendation on pick-up rings for a carved top tele that is routed for regular sized humbuckers. Can someone help me with this? I have no idea which ones I would need. As always thanks for your help.

:guitarplayer2:
Wade

I've gotten good ones from eBay but you need to be careful about the internal measurements.
Some are not large enough for pickups with covers.
There are many places making them.

Pretty sure the top on a carved top Tele is actually flat. Isn't it more of a radius contour than an actual carved top?

The pickup and bridge area on the carved top Tele are indeed flat, just as if it were a non-carved body.  I went with the black metal rings Warmoth supplies for Quty Pie:

6182790431_a85b43224d_b.jpg

I saw that QutyPie is for sale again. It's at Keith Holland Guitars. She's all complete. I'm glad she hasn't been parted out. :band:

Breaks my heart that Quty Pie left home. Although, I'm sure not nearly as badly as Ian's.

As for the pickup rings, I concur on the top geometry. Flat mounting rings work best, even on a carved top, because the peak is flat. In fact, I even installed a traditional Tele combination bridge/pickup mounting plate on one of mine.

Back