Phish is back!! March 2009

NeilStryker

Most of you guys prolly can't stand Phish, but Trey is one of the most amazing guitarists around.  as well, he helped inspire my first warmoth custon - "The Sorceress".... and they're finally back... march 2008 Hampton VA... more dates to be anounced!! 

I love Phish.  Only had a chance to see 'em 6 times though. :)  I hope they tour again in my area, minus just the Hampton shows, I'd love to bring my now 3 year old daughter.  (she calls 'em "Pish" and already has a Phish shirt)

:)

erik

I liked that the covered Peaches En Regalia and Roses Are Free, but other than that.... not so much.

GoDrex said:
I liked that the covered Peaches En Regalia and Roses Are Free, but other than that.... not so much.
Yeah they we're all huge into Zappa.  I hear tons of his influence in what they do musically and in their musical philosophy in general.

Neil Stryker said:
GoDrex said:
Yeah they we're all huge into Zappa.  I hear tons of his influence in what they do musically and in their musical philosophy in general.

Roses Are Free is by Ween - but you probably know that.

Neil Stryker said:
GoDrex said:

It so true, mid '70's Zappa (One Size Fits All, Roxy, etc)  those albums sound identical to Phish Jams like Reba and others.  I always find it funny when people say they sound like the Dead.    Hell, late 60's and early 70's Miles Davis (In a Silent Way) sound more like Phish than the dead.

So, does this reunion mean Paul Languedoc is going to stop making guitars now?
http://www.languedocguitars.com/
He was on a roll actually selling Trey's style guitar after the "break up"

Taez-  Thanks for that analogman Tube screamer mod reccomendation yesterday, I knew Trey used the mod'ed ones, but didnt know where to get them. 

Neil Stryker said:
Taez-  Thanks for that analogman Tube screamer mod reccomendation yesterday, I knew Trey used the mod'ed ones, but didnt know where to get them. 

No problem.  Trey's actually why I went with the analogman mod vs keeley.  I actually originally found out he used 'em cuz I was looking for a good compressor pedal many many many years ago and found that trey used the analogman ross clone.  Sort of happened on him by accident.  Good pedals.  I have the analogman Boss DS-1 Pro mod as well.  Now that pedal sounds awesome, completely worthless for Phish music, more hardrock "my" style.  I'd probably give up the TS9 before the DS-1. :)

Back