Petruonov Basses

KwazyTwang

So we got some new neighbors to move in across the street. My dad started talking to them. The next thing I know my dad is taking them into my room to show them my guitars. I'm thinking this is kinda odd. Well it turns out the older guy checking out my guitars builds guitars. And his son is the one that moved in across the street. What guitars does he build you might ask? You guessed it, he is Mr Petruonov from Petruonov Instruments. It's a small world we live in. http://www.petrounov.com/products.html

Yeah I'm not too terribly fond of the design. But they sound awesome. He may have decided to cut off part of the body in order to take off some weight and balance it more.

The area above the bridge might offend the ramp players. :blob7:

I'm not a fan. :dontknow:

Is it just me, or are the right angles in the PCB traces of their preamps a bit questionable?

What a cool opportunity!

By the way, does this mean that you live in Deerfield Beach?  I'm down there quite often to visit friends.

-Mark

So are they huge christians? Look at the guitars as meant to be played- JC. Some subliminal message?

Well boutique is boutique I guess, but I hope they get a lot more designs. They have a great finish and look well made but the shape sure sucks

PS, go to the factory a few times and learn everything you can, in fact ask for a summer job and learn how to do everything, That would be the coolest thing in the world doing an apprenticeship in a boutique guitar shop.

Jusatele said:
So are they huge christians? Look at the guitars as meant to be played- JC. Some subliminal message?

Well boutique is boutique I guess, but I hope they get a lot more designs. They have a great finish and look well made but the shape sure sucks

PS, go to the factory a few times and learn everything you can, in fact ask for a summer job and learn how to do everything, That would be the coolest thing in the world doing an apprenticeship in a boutique guitar shop.

In fact, they're dubbed the "JC" line, as opposed to the more traditional "SL" (slightly lopsided?) line.

And by "factory", I'm thinking more along the lines of "garage"...

I bet it would still be pretty neat to learn some lutherie from him, though. 
His designs kind of remind me of Steve Wishnevsky (aka Wishbass.com).

No offense if this is a friend of yours, but Wishbass?  Is he charging money for these?  The finish, the bridge, the straightness (or lack of) on the edge of the fretboard?  And this is just from one picture.  Handmade is supposed to conjure up images of old world craftmanship that CNCs just can't match.  I wouldn't even enter this in the $100 build contest.

Wishbass.jpg

No part of a bass guitar should ever resemble a penis...

or is this a bit like people who own a small car with a huge spoiler on top of it??

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
No offense if this is a friend of yours, but Wishbass?  Is he charging money for these?  The finish, the bridge, the straightness (or lack of) on the edge of the fretboard?  And this is just from one picture.  Handmade is supposed to conjure up images of old world craftmanship that CNCs just can't match.  I wouldn't even enter this in the $100 build contest.

Wishbass.jpg

LMAO, no, he's not a friend of mine, I've known of his instruments for years from activebass.com and BassPlayer magazine.  Evidently, there is a reason he mainly builds fretless... :(

Jusatele said:

Well his dad lives in Florida. And I don't think his son builds them.

Back