Personally I prefer used guitars....

skydigger

How about the option of putting the finish on the guitar and then beating the crap out of it like they do at the
Fender custom shop?

Warmoth doesn't offer Nitro finishes, and Poly doesn't relic as well as Nitro..

You could always beat the hell out of it yourself... Tie your OWN car keys to a rope and go swingin'. Personalize it, smack a little honda H logo into the body.

hey

you should check out http://www.nashguitars.com. they sell these at my local shop for around $1600.

Brian

I've always found the fascination with "reliced" guitars rather curious... Typically they don't look that much like a vintage guitar with normal wear, save the Custom Shop repros of the specific SRV #1 and Rort Gallagher axes.

Just build your own and drag it behind the car on a gravel wood....

for the longest time i wanted a "relic" basically i wanted a old looking guitar,,,,eventually i got a chance to play and amire a 62 tele,,,the thing is it was prectein , not a scratch on it.....

the relic period in my life has go by in my life ....know all i want is AAA flame maple top guitars :guitarplayer2:

My interests are more in having a guitar that has been plenty used and broken in. I don't really care about dings and scratches in general.

It still might be fun to drag a Mexi Strat behind a snowmobile for an hour or so. :doh:

Just drop by Guitar Center after Saturday afternoon "day care time" is over. Every guitar in the place will have been "broken in".

When building your own guitars, pretty much assures that your the first and only to play it. I kinda like that.

I like that idea too. It's truly yours. Something very neat and appealing in that. I'd still like one of those blonde Fender 50's Esquire models (around $600, I think), just because it looks so clean and classic.

But if I'm going to actually build something of my own, from Warmoth bodies, necks and hardware, then it's going to get the most obnoxious (or gorgeous, depending on your tastes) sparkle and pearloid appointments possible. Doesn't seem right to make something from scratch and have it be sedate, or to look like anything else out there.

:toothy12:

As gorgeous as they are, I'd never want to put together a Sunburst, Sonic Blue or Burgundy Mist Strat or Tele...I could go, tomorrow, and buy one, from the real company! But to get something from Fender with a little zing and flash, or a bit different from your stock, off-the-shelf Tele or Strat (color, electronics, hardware, body/neck combinations, etc.), you have to go the Custom Shop route. And what mortal has that kind of money? I sure don't...

:sad1:

Thank goodness for Warmoth in situations like this! I'd rather make my own Esquire, with the colors and looks I like. I couldn't buy a copper sparkle Esquire with white binding and a satin-finished vintage neck from Fender off the shelf somewhere, no matter how hard I looked.

RLW said:
Just drop by Guitar Center after Saturday afternoon "day care time" is over. Every guitar in the place will have been "broken in".

I live in the Yukon Territory, we've got one crap guitar shop selling Yamaha's and not much else.  Plus I'm a lefty, so I pretty much have to buy online.

I still like 'em used because when some of those necks get worn down they inspire me to play different chords and in different spots on the fingerboard.

skydigger said:
RLW said:

I live in the Yukon Territory, we've got one crap guitar shop selling Yamaha's and not much else.  Plus I'm a lefty, so I pretty much have to buy online.

I still like 'em used because when some of those necks get worn down they inspire me to play different chords and in different spots on the fingerboard.

Oh, it's too bad you can't come visit, I live about 30 miles from Southpaw Guitars. You lefties don't have to "settle" there.

[/quote]

Oh, it's too bad you can't come visit, I live about 30 miles from Southpaw Guitars. You lefties don't have to "settle" there.
[/quote]

:toothy12: "Green with envy"

Southpaw is exactly who I deal with!  It's pretty sad when a guy from the Yukon has to look to Texas to find a decent selection of guitars.  I still can't touch 'em though.  Perhaps I'll plan a quick trip next year.

willyk said:
Is the Yukon closer to Texas than Australia?

Ah yeah!  Oz is halfway around the world, Texas is probably a $1000 flight.  The question is do I spend $1500 or so on a trip to Texas PLUS the cost of my new guitar OR do I just deal with Jim at Southpaw online?

Are there any other lefty dealers?  I can't seem to find any online.  This is why I'm big on Warmoth and Carvin because they offer quality affordible guitars with loads of options and colours for us lefties.

I've got a couple of links on my website, might help. One or two guys post guitars for sale there too from time to time. I can put yours on if you like.

willyk said:
I've got a couple of links on my website, might help. One or two guys post guitars for sale there too from time to time. I can put yours on if you like.

Thanks, I visited and bookmarked your site...

Back