Peizo/Midi -ready options?

jeffgtr

The other post about the Fishman lash-up got me thinking again about wanting to set up one of my guitars for peizo/midi.
I know about the roland-ready strat, and may go that route,but just swap out the pups for others..possibly an YJM set,but have heard the Graphtec version (in the saddles) tracks better...
But, in looking at the Graphtech system, it looks like a FAIL waiting to happen,given how the leads from each of the saddles appear to need to run across the top/front edge of the trem (big potential for crimping/severing the leads/or just too much movement),then under the back edge of the pickguard..

I considered also just going with the roland internal kit (gk3 kit) on a build up using a universal route-and cramming the electronics,etc under the pickguard where the neck/middle pups would be (planning 1x H.B. only),and having the body routed for a battery box,leave out the output jack routes,because I need to do those myslef..

here's what im picturing,ultimately.

Strat type body= universal route,battery box- then route myself, the output jacks for edge-mounting 1x1/4 for peizo out, 1 x 1/4 for magnetic out, 1/ 13-pin for midi out.
(yes, i know it is normal to go 1 1/4 out-stereo,or use a break-out,but i want to seperate each output on it's own-each would be feeding a different amp,used for it's purpose= the Laney for the H.B., an old Peavey for the Piezo/cleans, and the Roland or Axon for the midi-then on to another old Peavey,or direct box)
Id need a blank pickguard,except for 1 HB route,then would drill and mount the controls where I want them.
So, 1x HB, 1 vol for it (w/push-pot for coil tap), piezo/mag mix, piezo/midi vol, 3-way for the mag/peizo/both switch, then SW1/SW2 switches. 

any ideas,using this layout?

Back