Peavey Bandit 112, Solo Series, Teal label.

Volitions Advocate

:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

I used this amp when I recorded my first record with a Fostex 4-Track when I was 16.  My High School punk band was called Eddie.
It wasn't my amp. it was our drummers' brother-in-laws, and he let a bunch of us use it in a communal jam space.  I remember getting the craziest sounds out of this little thing, and they only made them from '89 - '95.

Never thought I'd find one, but this puppy came up on eBay.  It has a T75 in it right now, but the guy still had the original Scorpion speaker and shipped it along with in a separate box.  I plan to re-install it and use the T75 somewhere else.

The volume pots are a bit scratchy, so I'll have to fix that, but otherwise this thing freakin rocks!  $90 for the whole thing!
I'm a happy boy today.

7ryXbjC.jpg

Ah, reminds me of my uncle's Peavey Stereo Chorus 212. same aesthetic as this, and has the scorpion speakers in it. the thing needs a serious cleaning thoug, the pots on it are also scratchy, and the volume cuts out from time to time.
Great find!  :icon_thumright:

Hey man, I'm getting back into playing out and was thinking about buying one of these. The sound I need is something potentially loud n' clean for a CCRish sound. I've never played a Bandit, but I get the feeling it might fit the bill?

It could probably get the sound. I believe they use Fender Twin Reverbs, but I'm not sure.

Hartley Peavey got a lot of his early business selling his solid-state amps to country artists, and so I would expect to find the clean channel has enough headroom for a steel guitar player, for example.  That was definitely the case with my own Stereo Chorus 212 in the pre-teal-stripe days, i.e., 1989.

Back