Paul Reed Smith finally wises up to plastic tuning buttons

We should probably dial this back some. Paul knows a LOT about guitars, and no one can deny the brand he has built over the last 40 years. Of course he's going to spin every design change PRS makes as a customer benefit, because it's his company and that is what he is supposed to do. No different than what I or any other marketing guy would do.

We should all choose to be respectful, see it how we want to, and vote with our dollars.

Agreed. Actually, to me, PRS provides alot of value for money, and they are all well designed and dare I say, beautiful.

AND, if you use a 10 top at local blues jam during "Mustang Sally" it gives you that bit of extra credibility.

We should probably dial this back some. Paul knows a LOT about guitars, and no one can deny the brand he has built over the last 40 years. Of course he's going to spin every design change PRS makes as a customer benefit, because it's his company and that is what he is supposed to do. No different than what I or any other marketing guy would do.

We should all choose to be respectful, see it how we want to, and vote with our dollars.
I cannot imagine for a second that you'd be so full of crap as to try to convince people that plastic tuner knobs somehow magically increases midrange. You've done far too many comparison test videos. The moment Warmoth tried that everyone would demand a metal/plastic A/B test and it would all be over. :ROFLMAO:

This video could have easily been "I like the vintage-y look and feel of plastic tuners so we're changing to plastic buttons on certain models" and nobody would have an issue with it. Trying to spin it with absolute tripe like "well, they're light and have MOAR TOAN!" is the kind of snake oil crap I thought Paul was better than. Compare it to their rhetoric around their TCI system. It's flowery marketing garbage bolted onto a reasonable system for creating consistency in frequency response. Overblown, but ultimately harmless.

Telling the dentists and lawyers of the world that their tuner buttons are magically adding "more midrange" is beyond laughable and is approaching legally actionable.

Telling the dentists and lawyers of the world that their tuner buttons are magically adding "more midrange" is beyond laughable and is approaching legally actionable.

Now wouldn't that be ironic. :D

Paul is free to take whatever approach he likes with the mega-company he built. Regardless of how you or I feel about it, I just don't want this place to become a dumpster fire of vitriol and criticism like so many other forums are.

Back