patience and guitars

rescue94

Due to lack of patience and it being kind of tough to get a chrome original floyd I've resorted to stealing the floyd from my korina burst to put on a blue swamp ash that I recently purchased from warmoth. This pic was taken last week and I finally got my hands on a new floyd this week. Should've waited but oh well.

This guitar has a bareknuckle vh2. Here's a clip that was recorded at bedroom volumes so it lacks a little life. Thanks to brownsound79 for helping me w/a wiring question and tfarny for recording tips

Xplorervoodoo said:
Sweet!

One question though...  What's the 5 way switch do with only one humbucker?  :icon_scratch:
I knew someone would ask about that damn switch. When I got the body I was so happy with the burst because it was better than expected and then came a sinking feeling when I saw that it was routed for a switch. What the heck do I need a switch for a one pu/volume 80's guitar? I called them and they said "send it back and we'll give you your money back but when it comes down to it, we read the order back to you and you confirmed that it was correct."  I didn't order it that way but I guess I wasn't listening closely enough when they read it back to me. A lesson for everyone.  I guess it was my fault, but I wasn't so bummed that I wanted to give it back so I just put a switch in to make people wonder wtf. Good eyes, voodoo.

ahhhhhhh cool

I figured it would be like full hum - one coil - other coil  or something like that...  But that works for me lol

Nice guitar regardless!

Xplorervoodoo said:
ahhhhhhh cool

I figured it would be like full hum - one coil - other coil  or something like that...  But that works for me lol

Nice guitar regardless!
thanks, voodoo. how's the new strat?

rescue94 said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
ahhhhhhh cool

Nice guitar regardless!

She's a beauty.

Updated story:  I gave her to my longtime girlfriend along with an engagement ring.  Now she's learning to play on it.  :eek:ccasion14:

Xplorervoodoo said:
rescue94 said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
ahhhhhhh cool

Nice guitar regardless!

She's a beauty.

Updated story:  I gave her to my longtime girlfriend along with an engagement ring.  Now she's learning to play on it.   :eek:ccasion14:
That's awesome. My wife would be a good player if she would stick with it. Awesome hand eye coordination but she hates cutting the nails of her fretting hand so she always gives up. Good luck w/your new bride and keep the nail clippers handy.

Could wire the last position as a kill switch, that way you could claim it was intentional  :dontknow:

rescue94 said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
rescue94 said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
ahhhhhhh cool

Nice guitar regardless!

She's a beauty.

Updated story:  I gave her to my longtime girlfriend along with an engagement ring.  Now she's learning to play on it.   :eek:ccasion14:
That's awesome. My wife would be a good player if she would stick with it. Awesome hand eye coordination but she hates cutting the nails of her fretting hand so she always gives up. Good luck w/your new bride and keep the nail clippers handy.

Haha, thanks man.  My fiancee is a quick learner, and she doesn't have any use for long nails, so all the better.  I'm not much of a teacher, but I'm teaching her the little I know  :laughing7:

Enjoy that blue meanie  :hello2:

That's cool man - I wish my wife could play something. Bass would be perfect, but she's not musically inclined.

Heck, I wired up a humbucker like that on purpose with a FIVE-way Superswitch - one coil, both coils in (normal) series, both coils parallel, both coils out-of-phase, then the other coil. Turns out I only need the first three, but how else do you learn? On a one-pickup guitar, a parallel-wired HB is a great option - you could use that switch to wire series-off-parallel, and mystify your peers. (The parallel option gets closer to a single-coil sound, but still cancels hum and has more power than a straight tap to single).

Back