Padouk in the Showcase...

Vol. Knob

Now they've done it.  When I get home I'm gonna start listing anything I can on ebay to raise the money for this...

s3442a.jpg

This thing speaks to me.  I'd keep it simple, I have a set of Reed James woodbuckers that would go nicely.  I'd put a wilkinson in as a trem.  Either a padouk neck or a Wenge, or something interesting from the showcase.

hmmm...  what can I sell....  what can I sell...

I have been looking at that too!
I love the lighter padouk... looks a bit like canary!

line6man said:
Vol. Knob said:
Either a padouk neck or a Wenge, or something interesting from the showcase.

Are you serious? Padouk neck only on a Padouk body.

I can see the fun in having the same wood for the neck and body.  I just don't think this neck really matches.  Perhaps if the body retained more of the red.
vms2022a.jpg

I think Canary
sn6485a.jpg

Bubinga
vms2006a.jpg

Goncalo Alves (already a favorite of mine)
sn6398a.jpg

Purpleheart
sn5382a.jpg

or Rosewood
sn6338a.jpg

all would look killer on this body....

line6man said:
That's Padouk?

What color will it turn when it ages?

Heck, I was wondering if wiping it in Tung oil would change it.  My Bubinga topped thinline was pink right outa the box, it turned a lovely orange-brown once I finished it with Formby's low gloss tung oil.  I was wondering how one might get a little more of the red back into view.  You can see lots of red in the neck pocket and a little streak on the back.  Either way, just like it is now is more than attractive.

Man...  I gotta stop poking around in the showcase... 

I think Canary would look the best next to the Padouk.  The tones should be similar between the two as well.

Back