Original Fullerton factory video tour

AprioriMark

I just came across this.  Apologies if it's a repost, but this is a really amazing insight into early Fender.  I dug seeing these regular people working as craftsmen/women, and it was odd to see finish work being done in street clothes with no ventilation masks of any sort.  Oh, and the shirtless guy playing a newly built Strat, lol.

-Mark

P.S.  I seem to be unable to find the happy little "youtube" hotkey to embed it, so apologies for actually having to click a link~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nswcAPvH0P8&feature=player_embedded#!

The old dude was pretty wicked with a band saw...who needed cnc...

LMAO at the dude with no shirt, getting his schweaty body all over someones geetar... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
The old dude was pretty wicked with a band saw...who needed cnc...

LMAO at the dude with no shirt, getting his schweaty body all over someones geetar... :laughing11:

Yeah, those are some cool bandsaw skills. I would surely screw up the workpiece sawing at those speeds. :sad:

Also thought he was going to saw his thumb off at 1:43.

I've parked my car on that very spot (because the old factory is now a parking garage  :sad:).  But we do at least have a Fender museum and Fender Ave. in the old F-Town.

I always love seeing that video
two things that always get me are
could you imagine getting way with working without a shirt on now days?
the total lack of safety equipment
shessh I was 1 year old when that video was shot

Where I work we don't wear shirts in the summer and even have customers around. Smoking is allowed too.
The surprising thing about the video is that everybody seems to still have all 10 fingers. I can't imagine working a nitro paint booth without a mask on either.

xDave said:
The surprising thing about the video is that everybody seems to still have all 10 fingers.

Reminds me of a job I did years ago for a cattle processing operation. On the initial walk-through, if I saw 250 illegal aliens dismantling cows, 240 of them were missing at least fingers, if not limbs. Just a grisly place to work. The tools they use to reduce cattle to component parts will tear into humans as if they're not even there.

Back