Orange Frankensquire Complete!

EddieDavis

Nut slots have been filed by my tech, pickup finally arrived and got wired, and setup is complete!

So we have a Fender Bullet Special body with:

Roasted Maple Warmoth Neck
Rosewood Fretboard
Schaller Locking Tuners
Bare Knuckle Pickup
Warmoth Matte Black Pickguard

It was a lot to put into a Squire but it turned out awesome and this particular Squire is very special to me.  The pickup sounds RIDICULOUS!  (In the best way) Super Hot! 

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_001049.jpg
    IMG_20180610_001049.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20180608-201348.png
    Screenshot_20180608-201348.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Very sharp! If it plays/sounds half as good as it looks, you must be very pleased!

Cagey said:
Very sharp! If it plays/sounds half as good as it looks, you must be very pleased!

Oh yeah bud, it shreds!  Perfect guitar for heavy stuff  :party07: 

My tech even went as far as filing the intonation screws down so they wouldn't jab into the strings on this top loader bridge, leaving them still an appropriate length for intonation adjustments.

Shreddie said:
My tech even went as far as filing the intonation screws down so they wouldn't jab into the strings on this top loader bridge, leaving them still an appropriate length for intonation adjustments.

That's attention to detail! :icon_thumright:

-VB- said:
Looks great, that flat black is the perfect compliment to the orange finish. I like it. Well done!

Thanks!  If anyone ever wanted to see what Warmoth's matte black pickguard looks like, this is it. 

Also, here's a pic of the old neck. 

Attachments

• IMG_20180611_102442.jpg
    IMG_20180611_102442.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Orange is one of those colors I would never ever think about on my dream guitar. But I've picked up a couple here and there that just knocked me out. Perhaps I should think about it.

Is that the stock (orange) color? Or did you do that yourself?

I am half-considering refinishing a strat I own in ReRanch 'Orang Orange' but am having trouble zero-ing in on what the shade might be. Might be more red than what I would want.

Back