Orange Competition Mustang

dots

Hey friends. I'm new to the forum after completing a project last week of a replica Fender Competition Mustang in the rare orange configuration with matching headstock. I am really pleased with the results and must credit the team at Warmoth for their efforts which included the neck, body, and pickguard (plus some of the key hardware pieces). Everything fit together well, and I even got a replacement pickguard (when I ordered the wrong spec as you'll see in the photos) in less than a week.

This was a great experience, and there was something about drilling and hammering for final assembly that was a bit addicting. So I am leaning heavily toward putting the defunct pickguard to some use on another TBD project. Until then, here's what I came up with.

Attachments

• parts20210709.jpg
    parts20210709.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • unassembled20210709.jpg
    unassembled20210709.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • compstangback.jpg
    compstangback.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • headstockback.jpg
    headstockback.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
  • closeupfront.jpg
    closeupfront.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
  • headstock20210727.jpg
    headstock20210727.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133
  • full20210727.jpg
    full20210727.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 136
  • incase20210723.jpg
    incase20210723.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
So awesome. I like seeing the jaguar/mustang and all the variants. That is a beauty, love the orange with red stripes. I was planning on a tele next, but something like that could be fun too haha.  :rock-on: :yourock:

-VB- said:
Outstanding! What colors did you use? Looks perfect!

Thank you!

Went with Capri Orange for the body and headstock and red competition stripe.

SeaGroomer said:
So awesome. I like seeing the jaguar/mustang and all the variants. That is a beauty, love the orange with red stripes. I was planning on a tele next, but something like that could be fun too haha.  :rock-on: :yourock:

I am a pretty big fan of Fenders offsets/shortscales as well. The pull of a nice Tele is strong for me, too, though!

Cheers!

Back