Ooooh! It's RARE!!! Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimme....

The Norwegian Guy said:
What would kirk hammett be without a wah?

I just sold my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah and bought two new pedals :D

Kick-ass? I mean, look at "Kill 'Em All"

The Norwegian Guy said:
Kirk is the worst contribution to the world of guitars

Hey now, first of all, I suppose you never saw that Gibson was endorsing Madonna. Because she plays.

Secondly, I like Kirk's early Metallica solo's. As of late, meh. But early, I thought it was wicked. Not on a Mustaine/Friedman level, but still pretty wicked.

this'll probably stoke the metallica vs megadeth fire, but oh well. i like both bands, one slightly moreso than the other

tumblr_lf5oz3xuzf1qfdw9no1_400.jpg

I think it's kind of comical that one of Dave Mustaine's biggest reasons for starting Megadeth was to prove to Metallica what idiots they were for firing him, and one of Metallica's biggest reasons for trying so hard to be great was to prove to Dave Mustaine what a jerk he was. There's none of this "channeling the muse" or "transmitting the cosmic vibes" talk, they were out for vengeance.... :evil4:

stubhead said:
I think it's kind of comical that one of Dave Mustaine's biggest reasons for starting Megadeth was to prove to Metallica what idiots they were for firing him, and one of Metallica's biggest reasons for trying so hard to be great was to prove to Dave Mustaine what a jerk he was. There's none of this "channeling the muse" or "transmitting the cosmic vibes" talk, they were out for vengeance.... :evil4:

That's so MEHTUHL.  :headbang1:

Paul-less said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
Kirk is the worst contribution to the world of guitars

Hey now, first of all, I suppose you never saw that Gibson was endorsing Madonna. Because she plays.

Secondly, I like Kirk's early Metallica solo's. As of late, meh. But early, I thought it was wicked. Not on a Mustaine/Friedman level, but still pretty wicked.

Mustaine/Friedman made Kirk Hamster go all emo with tears.

I'm not a huge fan of Kirk, but everything about Mustaine pisses me off. His whiny outlook, his hilarious singing and his awful songwriting make me wonder what the world sees in him.

This has me thinking, though, that a Hetfield/Friedman combo might have been amazing.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0glNez9zqhY[/youtube]

images

Yeahhhh... I'm going to have to go ahead and have you come in on Sunday for guitar lessons... if you could
do that, that would be greaaat.  Mmmkay?

Kadmium said:
...but everything about Mustaine pisses me off. His whiny outlook, his hilarious singing and his awful songwriting make me wonder what the world sees in him.

A good guitarist but a bigger egomaniac. That's why he never had a steady band lineup.

Hammett played great solos in the first 4 LP's, he always played what the song needed and I respect him for that. Then, like the rest of the band, he wanted to make money...

Wah is probably my favorite effect, since 1994 I bought my first I always have a wah. Found my nirvana in 2000 with my Budha.

Back