Ooooh! It's RARE!!! Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimme....

stubhead

Master Member
CRYBABY_BLINGWAH_CONTEST.jpg

"...we're giving away the Crown Jewel of Wahs: a Swarvorski Encrusted Cry Baby. There are only a handful of these floating around the world right now"

One might well add, "Thank God for THAT!"

but that would be petty...besides, it'll be on Fleabay for $2500 soon enough, then the counterfeiters will bulldoze in....  :hello2:

Eh, whatever, I'm waiting for the Faberge Crybaby. Wear it around your neck, get a blinged grill, and I'll show you how to rock until 9:39 (gotta give some time to make 10:00 curfew.)

mayfly said:
If Elton John played guitar...

... he would have 10 of these.

:laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7: :toothy10: :toothy11: :toothy12: :laughing8:

Wana's made a guitar said:
SustainerPlayer said:
The bling is not the problem. It's the wah ...  :tard:
Yup. Never got much outa my crybaby  :-\

Really? I love my crybaby. I've learned to keep the pedal in a VERY small area to keep is subtle...

Paul-less said:
Really? I love my crybaby. I've learned to keep the pedal in a VERY small area to keep is subtle...

That small area being a box under the bed? I used to do that before I sold mine.  :icon_jokercolor:

SustainerPlayer said:
Paul-less said:

That small area being a box under the bed? I used to do that before I sold mine.  :icon_jokercolor:
Same here. It was just full of completely useless tone for me.

In theory, it ought to be useful but: have you ever noticed that as soon as somebody, anybody, clicks it on, they all start sounding exactly alike? It's like the Great Equalizer, or a WMW: Weapon of Mass Wankery. Whammy bars can do the same thing, unless and until your name is Jeff Beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLWO-8RBes&feature=related

What's this "wah" business? I thought a Crybaby was a talent pedal?  :icon_jokercolor:

For the record, there's a Crybaby prominently displayed on my pedal board, alongside a flanger, echo and some sort of octave thing. The entire assembly currently resides under the couch in the spare room.

I much prefer Ibanez wahs. They just seem to be able to do more and sound better in more situations. I could not for the life of me get a nice, clean, not 'icepick' wah from the crybaby and could only get that horrible 'screeching tires' high gain metal monster solo sound that I didn't like. I use the Weeping Demon that my school has and it is just good for everything.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I like to use my wah to add texture. I view it like a whammy: Yes, you can wank it and get the job done, or you can do something productive with it.

I use my wah allllll the time. have for years. love it. whether it's for the funk/reggae "wukkawukkawukka" or as a filter, solo boost, whatever.

my favourite use for it however is to use it as a modulation pedal  :icon_scratch:, where i click it on and pump the treadle really  quick. sounds like a really savage phaser with foot control of the speed. i've moved away for the hammett-style soloing with it though. got a little bit same same. I do tend to use my  effects these days as less "subtle" things. I figure, if i'm going to use a pedal or whatever, might as well make it so goddamn obvious that it's unmistakable.

I mean, the majority of "history's most memorable fx moments" aren't usually some with a delay pedal set just before "1", or a dirt pedal dialed right back for a light crunch, or a whammy pedal mixed way into the background. the most famous moments are (generally) full on, in your face, and makes you go "what the hell is he/she using?!?? i want one!!!!". so i try to channel that a little more these days

my opinion of course

rightintheface said:
I figure, if i'm going to use a pedal or whatever, might as well make it so goddamn obvious that it's unmistakable.

I mean, the majority of "history's most memorable fx moments" aren't usually some with a delay pedal set just before "1", or a dirt pedal dialed right back for a light crunch, or a whammy pedal mixed way into the background. the most famous moments are (generally) full on, in your face, and makes you go "what the hell is he/she using?!?? i want one!!!!". so i try to channel that a little more these days

my opinion of course

That tends to be my opinion as well. I just never seem to be able to get a sound I like out of my pedals. Crappy rig? Lack of patience on my part? Dunno, but under the couch they go!  :laughing7: These days I go guitar - tuner - amp, with the occasional OD pedal for a little boost during solos.

Back