One of everything (two of everything else)

u.9

Just curious... any hardcore Warmoth fans who have built one of each W body style? Could be guitars or basses. Not necessarily guitars AND basses though!

Or... how many distinct styles have you built?

Thus far, I have only built 2 Strats with 25.5" and Baritone necks (did have a VIP body once but never assembled), working on my Soloist next with detailed plans (but not $$$$ yet) for Musiclander, Diamondback, Mooncaster, Tele, VIP, Z, and Star.

For myself:
4 Strats, 1 Tele, 1 P Bass

For customers: (some of these are Half-Moths...)
5 Strats, 2 Teles, 1 Velocity, 1 LP (called Regal now).

My current #1 and #2 for Crimson Coil
ritchie_and_8ball_cutdown.jpg

2 thinline tele
1 strat
1 tele
1 jazzmaster
1 jazzcaster
Non warmoth
2 semihollow kits
2 lp type kits

I got big numbers but not all are complete and those that are complete several needs tear down and rebuild. Favorites are the thinlines and tele, when my well starts pumping I would like a mooncaster.

For me, one strat, one Jaguar, one VIP. Jaguar was painted by a member here, assembled by another. VIP body I got from a member here, decided on a Strat neck because... I really like that headstock. Looking to get a Tele neck for a Tele I found under my bed from 14 years ago. Yes, you read that right. Also looking to build another Strat, methinks. Or a Mustang.

Edit: Should note, the VIP is interesting to me. Black Korina body and lam top, but the top has some mild flame to it. All three have Nitrocellulose finishes. I prefer how they age over time, and more importantly they just feel... I dunno. Somehow 'nicer'

Attachments

• jag.jpeg
    jag.jpeg
    971.1 KB · Views: 8
  • stratvip.jpeg
    stratvip.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 8
Looking to get a Tele neck for a Tele I found under my bed from 14 years ago.
<rushes home to check under bed.........>

There must be more to that story!

I love that VIP btw... is that trans purple?

Last edited:
I've been buying mostly necks since I started building my own bodies, but I've only built 2 complete WMs:

V-K with paddle neck
Iceman with paddle neck (for a friend)

Necks I've bought have been mostly paddle (the two above plus one more), an Arrow, and an Arcade (reverse).

I'll never have a full collection of WMs (funds notwithstanding). Many of the body styles just aren't my aesthetic.

A number of Warmoth hardtail Strats.. Just one Telecaster body style with a Stat hardtail bridge!

I keep looking at the online builder for Hybrid Telecaster, but I only get to the point where the burst finishes are unable to be displayed.:confused:

I've built 3 so far.

A tele in '99
A strat in '09
A VIP in '22

i am currently planning my fourth.

and I said I was done after my last one. Lol.

A number of Warmoth hardtail Strats.. Just one Telecaster body style with a Stat hardtail bridge!

I keep looking at the online builder for Hybrid Telecaster, but I only get to the point where the burst finishes are unable to be displayed.:confused:
I wonder if that has anything to do with your screen name........
:cool:

Back