Olympic White Strat

jeffreywt

I've spent the past year (literally more than 12 months) shopping the showcase for a neck and body. I've had hardware and electronics sitting waiting to be built into something. So after all that pondering I ended up with a rather plain choice. However, I trust you will see why this choice is totally appropriate for a strat. Simple but classy (and classic) is the intent.

So the build sheet looks like this:

4.0lbs 1-piece alder, olympic white, vintage strat body
Q-sawn maple neck (clear gloss, 1 11/16", 10-16, SS6150, warmoth pro, TUSQ nut)
Massacar ebony fingerboard with cream dots
Callaham bridge
Sperzel staggered, locking tuners
Schaller strap-locks
CS '69 Pickups
Aged white knobs and covers
Mint green ('62 hue) pickguard

All hardware including input jack and *all* screws (every last part) have a nickel finish.

I'm shooting for that killer olympic white/mint green/aged white color scheme. It simply looks amazing. There are threads on the 'net dedicated to this combo because it looks so sexy (and I obviously agree). The soft finished nickel hardware and cream inlays should push it over the top. I will post in the strat section once complete. Sorry for the cell-phone pics this time, I will get better lighting for the finished pics.

9373Iy0.jpg

8JVqNSy.jpg

BBMY8Yo.jpg

(Same as above comments)  :icon_thumright:
I'll add  ......  Yummie Yum Yum

Will look great when complete  :party07: 

Automatic cameras. You can't live with 'em, and you can't unlock 'em.

Yeah, the auto white balance adjustment really makes it hard to appreaciate subtle variations of colors — I've done a few searches to see how Warmoth's Oly White really looks in person (I love the green-ish tint) but it seems that not two pics show exactly the same thing.

Anyway, that is a really nice combo, jeffrey. Classic, but still outstanding.

They used to have this on their website:

olympic_white_strat.jpg

Which is Olympic, Alpine and Vintage white.

And this is their sample as of now:

OlympicWhite.jpg

But yes it will look different in each photo. Also because it will actually look different in different lightning conditions. The cameras don't lie as such. It is because our brains tries to filter out the differences IRL.

If the camera's doing auto white balance then it almost certainly is lying to some extent. It's a very difficult thing to get right. I try never to use AWB when the colour accuracy of my photos matters.

My bottom photo with the neck not attached to the body is how it looks in person. Very much chalky, milky white. Not really green at all. In the middle pic, the sunlight and camera combo made it look more like alpine white which it certainly is not.

Thanks for the positive feedback!  :eek:ccasion14:

I changed my mind and decided to try the 57/62 pickup set. I have read good things about them.

I also ordered a Fender aged white accessory kit. Between what I have on hand and online photos, parchment is too light and most supplier's cream/creme color is more like urine than aged plastic. I'm hoping in between will give it the look.

You need to edit that first post and get rid of the part where you said it's "plain". There ain't nothing plain about this one, man. That is going to be one good looking guitar when it's all said and done. Have you thought about tortoise for the pick guard? Don't mind me, olympic white, ebony fingerboard, and a tortoise scratch plate is one of my fantasy builds. I was just thinking out loud.
MULLY
Love this, love this, love this!!!  :headbang:

I have an Olympic White '98 Strat Plus (the body is now literally in pieces).  Oly White looks even better with a Pearloid pickguard.  Warmoths picture is way off.  Yours is much closer.  I've read Oly White described as having a "cool" or bluish tint but I see it as having more of a milky color.

Back