Olive Drab Meadowhawk w/Gotoh 510

Scab Pickens

Work has begun on my first tremolo equipped guitar in over 25 years. The last one I owned was an American Standard Strat around maybe 1995. Anyway ...

Parts are starting to trickle in. Lollar Novel 90 pickups chrome with cream tops - they look killer! (y)

500k long shaft pots, output jack, black and white wire, .022 cap, and 3-way toggle were also supplied from Lollar.

I took some time yesterday to clean up the cover plate mounting surfaces and control routes to prepare for my first copper shielding job. Time will tell how that goes. I figured that it would be worth it, especially with the single coil pickups. And it can't hurt, right?

I double side taped a piece of thin foam from the Lollar packaging in the tremolo cavity to give it a more finished look. Might also act as a spring calming device?

The future will involve, obviously, a Gotoh 510 trem. I'm leaning towards the EV510TS-BS ...

Also, I think I will try some Gotoh locking tuners instead of the Schallers I have used for my last four builds ...

The neck will be a Warmoth Warhead. There are a few subjects currently in the showcase. I want maple shaft, maybe roasted, but definitely a dark board with cream dots.

We'll see how things progress from here ...

1725843226874.jpeg

1725843276211.jpeg

This looks like a great build, I’ll be eager to see your progress as it unfolds. I’m not sure the EV510 will fit the trem route for a standard 510. Maybe check that before ordering?

I’m not sure the EV510 will fit the trem route for a standard 510. Maybe check that before ordering?

I checked as much as I could. I "think" it should work. Only time will tell :p . I'll probably be making the bridge/tuner (and copper shielding) order later next week.

I checked as much as I could. I "think" it should work. Only time will tell :p . I'll probably be making the bridge/tuner (and copper shielding) order later next week.

It should fit but check the dimensions at the link below. Each model has a diagram with measurements so you can compare that model to the one that Warmoth sells, for example.

I took another look at the 510 models and I think the concern only applies to a recessed route, as the EV has a larger plate. That probably won’t matter with it mounted above the body, sorry for the false alarm based on my spotty memory.

Curious, where did you get the body? Is that the EVH branded body, from Warmoth, other?

Also, I think I will try some Gotoh locking tuners instead of the Schallers I have used for my last four builds ...
I have used both Schallers and the Gotoh SDS510 HAPM w/ C.A.R.D.. They’re both fantastic, but the Schaller installation is just such a breeze and I’ve developed a preference for them.

Curious, where did you get the body? Is that the EVH branded body, from Warmoth, other?

There was only three, and they went away quickly.

Back