Old project with newer appointments.

Eric S.

Tobacco sunburst on flame maple.  Basswood body. Maple neck and pickup rings.  Original Floyd.  1978 Fender Single in the neck on a humbucker base plate.

Looks good but I'm not sure what's old and what's new.

And are sure about the cream pickup rings? They kind of stick out to me.

The newer additions are the maple pickup rings, the amber hat knobs and the old Fender single coil in on a HB base plate in the neck position. Ezas, you are right. If those maple pickup rings were in the original build I would have had them color blended with the sunburst of the body, or stained black like the pickup bobbins.  I wanted to post the new features now because I think it looks better than the original posting on page 4 of the Warmoth Gallery from a few years ago.  Eventually, I will likely replace both neck and bridge pickups (originally, DiMarzio Evolutions)  with a lower output PAF from either Lolar or Sheptone. Update: Bridge pickup is now a DiMarzio Air Classic in zebra.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 869
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 609
Update: Strat knobs with knurling. The older Burst knobs (amber, smooth, hat shaped) were too slick. Replaced the worn screws.  Now with the Superswitch that puts the neck and the inside bridge coil on in parallel in the 3rd position of the 5-way switch.  The mini switch is a phase reverse for the middle pickup only.

Attachments

• 1-17-2014.JPG
    1-17-2014.JPG
    935 KB · Views: 666
Update 2020: I did get my Sheptone's , Upshot (F-spaced)  in the bridge position, Tribute 4 (Alnico 4) in the neck. Fender circa 1978 Strat pickup in the middle. PRS branded plastic pickup rings. I was surprised at how rare the flat bottom, no-tilt humbucker pickup ring is. I guess the the majority of set ups are on neck tilt guitars or pickguards.

Attachments

• Sheptones and PRS rings.jpg
    Sheptones and PRS rings.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 255
Back