Oh man, the parts arrived first! Now I'm COMPLETELY jonesing...

Xplorervoodoo

Nothing to make you more excited than the parts arriving before the neck and body ;)

EMG DG-20 prewired pickguard
Gold hardware including:  Planet waves tuners, neck plate, 6 hole vintage trem, roller t, and jackplate, plus assorted screws....

I can't WAIT for the neck and body to arrive now...

Nothing like fondling a tuner or two to calm you down!  :toothy11: That's near-sadistic - maybe you shouldn't be telling anymore "Puyallup" jokes.... :blob7:

I know how you feel.  I've got a set of Strat pups and Tele pups, but no Strat or Tele :(

I have the same pre-wired EMG setup, They sound great, but have a narrow spectrum of usefullness in my opinion, ie,,, they sound like David Gilmour. It's hard to explain, you just gotta play em. But you won't be doing any AC/DC riffs.

It's a good excuse to build another one after this one, Cheers and enjoy

dbw, you need to build something arround those pups

I've had my nickle plated Duncans for a couple weeks now, but my Warmoth parts aren't due until April...

Working on it Alfang, I'm watching the showcase for the perfect Thinline  :guitaristgif:

Alfang said:
I have the same pre-wired EMG setup, They sound great, but have a narrow spectrum of usefullness in my opinion, ie,,, they sound like David Gilmour. It's hard to explain, you just gotta play em. But you won't be doing any AC/DC riffs.

It's a good excuse to build another one after this one, Cheers and enjoy

Well, the main reason why I got the DG-20 is because I'm a total noob at guitar wiring.  I mean, I used to solder connections on cars and stuff, but I never had to look at wiring diagrams or things like that.  Seems to me that I need to study up a bit on wiring and diagrams and stuff before I tackle my own wiring.

Besides, I don't think sounding like David Gilmour is a bad thing  :laughing7:  I know it won't make me a better player, but that's just me:  My perfect strat sounds like David Gilmour.

...And no worries, this one is practice.  I've already got a few more ideas brewing, and I'll be looking forward to seeing them to fruition.  :toothy10:  Cheers!

Back