oh gibson you rat

line6man said:
Is my taste in guitar design really that narrow minded, or do you guys think that a gold top on a black back is extremely ridiculous?

I think it makes much more sense to have a solid back on a gold top than the standard red dye mahogany - I've always thought that looked like a mistake of some kind.

kboman said:
line6man said:
Is my taste in guitar design really that narrow minded, or do you guys think that a gold top on a black back is extremely ridiculous?

I think it makes much more sense to have a solid back on a gold top than the standard red dye mahogany - I've always thought that looked like a mistake of some kind.
great with
indeed, but the nice brown transparant finish really looks awesome with a goldtop.

kboman said:
line6man said:

Um, if the top is gold, the backside needs to also be gold so that it matches...

best Gary More model was by heritage ... now this is a gary more

med_gallery_139_23_190582.jpg

med_gallery_139_23_26535.jpg

line6man said:
kboman said:
line6man said:

Um, if the top is gold, the backside needs to also be gold so that it matches...

wrong

GoDrex said:
line6man said:
kboman said:
line6man said:

wrong

Well, I'm partial to the more natural backs, but in all fairness... the only reason Gibson stopped having all-gold was to save some bucks. Too bad they didn't have more sig models then...

The REAL "Gary Moore" LP is the '59 he bought off Peter Green sold him when he left the original Fleetwood Mac and dropped out....

jackthehack said:
The REAL "Gary Moore" LP is the '59 he bought off Peter Green sold him when he left the original Fleetwood Mac and dropped out....

Well they should start selling more of those then.

Why buy a signature model?  Build your dream Warmoth and sign it instead.

Edit: It's comments like that that keep me from getting banned on this board.  I'm good for business :rock-on:

dbw said:

Edit: It's comments like that that keep me from getting banned on this board.  I'm good for business :rock-on:

Hey, guys, where did dbw's account go? Did he leave? Probably that gun control thread....

:icon_jokercolor:

dbw said:

The problem is if you manage to get to an artist to sign a guitar they usually won't sign anything that doesn't endorse them (for example Santana would not sign a Fender). I think they're bound by contract or something. Now if you make a forgery out of Warmoth parts complete with authentic decal they can't tell the difference, however a bolt on neck les paul will be a dead giveaway.

Back