Oh crap, Puyallup is in the flood warning zone

Hey, seriously! I have some money here that my car doesn't know about... I'm just waiting to hear from Bill Lawrence before I know what pickguard (unt mooch otra) to order for a project... TFS? GREGG? Glub, glub, glub....
Industrial and commercial areas in Fife, Sumner, Orting and Puyallup felt the brunt, some for the first time.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008602456_urbanflooding08m.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLw7nozO_U&feature=related

W is up on the hill, and should be OK from anything major caused by river flooding thru the valley

another local parts builder is a stone's throw away from the levee. I attempted to reach them to confirm all was OK, but I've not heard back (vox or e-mail) this week so I'm somewhat concerned for them

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
W is up on the hill, and should be OK from anything major caused by river flooding thru the valley

We do have a large pond next to the building that has grown over the past few days, but we should be OK.  If not, we have plenty of raft material.  Ebony canoe anyone???

Wyliee said:
SkuttleFunk said:

We do have a large pond next to the building that has grown over the past few days, but we should be OK.  If not, we have plenty of raft material.  Ebony canoe anyone???

Moi! :laughing7:

Wyliee said:
SkuttleFunk said:

& Duck hunting a plenty!!

Dark humor is always funny :laughing7:

I think they would found a way to save the woods before than save themselves

Yeah. I was thinking along the lines of inflating some of the staff and making a raft out of them.

ByteFrenzy said:
Yeah. I was thinking along the lines of inflating some of the staff and making a raft out of them.

And I was thinking that an ebony canoe would be pretty cool....

ByteFrenzy said:

Oh Yeah! First on boats Flamed Koa and Spalted Maple, then women and children... Old farts, was a pleasure to meet you! :laughing7:

Serious, there is any secure device from W' to help on these situations or just insurance?

Well now I kind of want to see the guys from Prototype This and Mythbusters to show up and have a contest to see who can build a better raft out of stuff they have around the factory. 

I think the Mythbusters would win, but they would find some way to make the raft explode at the end.  So really, it's a win/win.

No, you guys have it all wrong...

Ebony is too bright a wood for a canoe. You would want a mellow rosewood canoe.
Your going to want a set of paddles that sound good with the rosewood as well.
Maybe swamp ash, because they are light weight? How about a bright green dye finished with clear gloss?

:toothy12: Ok, I am pretty bad at making jokes

I thought it was pretty funny, l6m.  :)

Swamp ash would be good because it's light, but nothing compares to the feel of a raw unfinished paddle.  How about padouk?

Edit: And the paddles should have a Wizard contour, for extra speed!  :D

Back