Obligatory Grammys Thread

Lucky #007 said:
I  hate to say it man, but until you posted your musical musings I completely thought the picture in your avatar was Chad Kroger.

Nope, that's me...

"Did you feel it? The world actually fell off its axis," said Dweezil Zappa, accepting the award for best rock instrumental performance for "Peaches en Regalia," fighting back tears as he thought of his late father, Frank. "He dedicated this song to me when I was born and I'm dedicating it right back."

that's nice but Frank probably wouldn't give a crap

Well I unplugged my Comcast bill a long time ago but if Jennifer Batten is really playing guitar for Carrie Underwhere there's still hope for you kids - mebbe Carrie will learn some Jeff Beck songs.... Kinda doubtful, huh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vOsTLyh1uE&feature=related

She said the best part about two years of playing "rhythm" for Jeff was the soundchecks - he's apparently somewhat "unpredictable" :toothy12:.... plus she was under orders not to actually smoke him onstage if he was having an off night. :hello2:

Here's the vid; thought she was country? Sure would appear to be Jennifer, but the aforementioned mix engineer that should be shot unfortunately doesn't push the lead levels up when it should be. Carrie was apparently in some "ugly-ass dress" contest/theme carried on through the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvOAzkaAxA

Gawd, that's just horrible! Weird thing is, I sorta used to like Carrie Underwood, when she beat out the Breck Guy on American Idol; when did she start singing through her nose? :icon_scratch: Hell I also used to like hard rock, lemme NOT watch that again for a long time and I'll get back to you.

Yep just think of all these poor kids who gotta grow up listening to Coldplay/Coldc0ck whatever, et al.

Then they cop their equipment to get their "tone" (the angry bees in a bottle tone)... getting those drop-tuned one finger barre chords goin'.

Musically, technically and tonally dishonest - don't have a clue what good tone is nor good music for that matter.

I'd rather listen to Barry Manilow (and yes I grew up with him) than any of this shitee.

What?  We're talking Grammys here?  F the Grammy's - they're morons.  Just the music industry stroking itself.

112893690_c182e75f54.jpg

@ the Carrie Underwood performance thing--- That harmony vocalist sounded ridiculously awful. Made the whole thing sound cluttered and shrieky. Yuck.

@ the sex pistols--- "YOU'RE anonymous as judges.'' Learn your freaking grammar, you guys are old.

Just read an interview in Guitar Player magazine where Brad Paisley said that if you have 10 live performances at a big awards show,that probably 8 of those have the band pre-recorded.He said its usually the ones that really play live that suffer in the sound department.I assume they dont get to use their own FOH engineers.

Back