now....

2937490079_b4e609c6d2_b.jpg

2937490085_3b5a50ec4c_b.jpg

2937490097_f8b91fcf87_b.jpg

2938402842_aae3d4648a_b.jpg

2937490109_f050afd6b4_b.jpg

2938402842_aae3d4648a_b.jpg

2938402858_451d4851fe_b.jpg

and a moment for one of the greatest guitarists of all times...

2938402882_4e569d8ec7.jpg

thank you warmoth for making a great product, truly having fun jamming with this one.

specs are:

Mahogany DL quilt maple top
24 3/4" Maple/Ebony neck 11/16" Earvana Nut
Compound radius 10"-16"
WCR american steele pickups
RS vintage wiring Kit with Jensen Paper in Oil caps
Gotoh Aluminum tailpiece
tone-pros locking screws for tailpiece
Gotoh Tune-O-Matic
Schaller straplocks
Gotoh 510 Mid-size 1:16 Tuners
Stainless steel 6230 frets
N-tune onboard tuner (the white thing connected on the volume knob)

looks good!!

Maybe it's just me, but is that neck unfinished?  I would advise 10 - 12 thin coats of nitro lacquer before playing.  Down the road, the sweat from your hands will warp that neck and you won't be covered by warranty.

cheers!

RK

Big RR fan here! very cool neckplate!

Plus it's a very tasteful guitar as a whole, but I was also wondering about the neck finish...

it's awesome, very useful, don't have to use my pedalboard or my other tuner which is fun, and i can tune unplugged when i'm just practicing scales or whatever
and yes, the neck is unfinished, i don't like finished necks

sure, first few days i noticed no change, and the tech laughed saying i wasted my money, then i saw he did a hax job installing it, i shaped the nut to match the fretboard radius (i bought one for gibson which was 12" and the warmoth is 10" at the top, so i shaped it down to a 10") then i set up the intonation and WOW, there is a HUGE difference between stock nuts and this one, I compared it to my fender (most of my guitars have a great setup) and called my sister to see if she hears it too, and she heard it too, everything is much sharper without the earvana, with the earvana it takes a few mins of getting used to because the guitar sounds not like i'm used to, but after a few mins all other guitars sound much sharper than usual, and really after a week playing with it, hard for me to play without, I haven't touched my other guitars cause they sound weird to me now and out of tune in most places at the neck.

overall a great product, but needs to be installed correctly and follow the instructions carefully.
also, intonation is a huge part of the equation and also setting the nut (different in 24 3/4" and 25.5" guitars obviously)

Nice. I really like the unfinished neck... probably not the wisest choice but it looks cool and probably feels good too.  :dontknow:

Is this the body with a slight line in the quilt by the stoptail? If it is you snatched it just before me , it was there when I went to work and I decided to buy when I got home and it had gone.. I like the N Tune as well, whenever i've seen them before they look out of place but on this one it looks great. Really nice guitar.

How did you manage posting pics of only half of a guitar? :icon_tongue:

Dr Zoidberg said:
Is this the body with a slight line in the quilt by the stoptail? If it is you snatched it just before me , it was there when I went to work and I decided to buy when I got home and it had gone.. I like the N Tune as well, whenever i've seen them before they look out of place but on this one it looks great. Really nice guitar.

hehe yes it is
lucky me then :)
I coulden't stand not having a LP anymore and decided to take the plunge and seemed like a good deal
anyone who's tried the guitar didn't notice that line, and personally i forgot about it

and yes, it is the N-tune thing
it's like a normal tuner
you just pull up, it kills the output, you silent tune your guitar to whatever tuning you need (chromatic) push the button and get ready to rock !

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 comments:

--Some amber or tru-oil would do wonders for the neck...from both a durability stand point and look.  I think it is just too "light."

--I NEVER lay that beauty in the grass!!! :laughing8:

Back