Now, now, Warmoth...

Mor Paul

Epic Member
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=ps4611&Body=2&Path=Body
Really?
ps4611A.jpg

I'm loving that fancy top :p

i've seen a few like that. i think the others were flame maple... maybe the ugliest flame / quilt maple ever seen?! strange either way.

See that guitar there?  Notice the color?

That's the guitar every lefty gets to pick from at any local guitar store...   :dontknow:

It's a lovely Quilt Maple top, you're just not wearing your beer goggles. :icon_jokercolor:

Superlizard said:
See that guitar there?  Notice the color?

That's the guitar every lefty gets to pick from at any local guitar store...   :dontknow:
Then don't buy guitars at guitar stores... :dontknow:

if it wasnt clear coated and a tad cheaper I would buy it, then paint something totally awesome over the black, then it would be worth having...

DangerousR6 said:
CouchSpud said:
Aw, wtf dude.
I'm just saying.... :dontknow:

Buy more Warmoths.... :icon_biggrin:

Oh, no I was responding the original post. I mean if you're going to cover up quilt maple at least make it kinda interesting. Plain black is just... wrong.

i almost expect this to be an april fools joke that they forgot to take down haha quilted AND chambered AND painted jet black, the guitar god's must be angry over this one

Finch said:
i almost expect this to be an april fools joke that they forgot to take down haha quilted AND chambered AND painted jet black, the guitar god's must be angry over this one
This kinda reminds me of some people posting pics of their exquisite looking tops, and then them asking about a finish for it, and someone replying "flat black".... :doh:

DangerousR6 said:
Finch said:
This kinda reminds me of some people posting pics of their exquisite looking tops, and then them asking about a finish for it, and someone replying "flat black".... :doh:
It's the only way to finish Koa  :icon_jokercolor:

Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
Finch said:

Let's not forget creosote as a finish option as well.
Patrick

Patrick from Davis said:
Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
Finch said:

Let's not forget creosote as a finish option as well.
Patrick

The best finish for nice 5A koa has to be that LineX stuff they put on cabs put on at least 1/8" thick. That wood is so beautiful, you need something sturdy to protect it from.. everything, really. Even eyeballs.

I'm sure if we knew the whole story, we'd find out it was not originally destined to be covered.  Besides, I was more confused by the scale designation on the body.  I guess with the 24 3/4" non-conversion scale 7/8 Strat available saying it's 25.5" is now necessary.

The body is indeed listed correctly.Must have had a few ugly dark streaks in the Maple top.

At least it gives someone who wants a black strat a chance to get some of those expensive Maple toneworms  :icon_thumright: providing they can live in the dark  :icon_biggrin:

Back