November 2018 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

There's some good eye candy here and some nice players and some that are both.  It's like trying to pick a dance partner, do you pick the really good looking one, or do you go for the good dancer, or go for something in the middle.  Life is rough.

I don’t know which one to vote on. Such awesome choices. Aaargh, my head hurts ??? :icon_scratch:

This is the second time in a row that the pro finished category had a guitar very similar to the one I have to enter at some point. I'll be voting for that one.

1buzzco Do you have more shots of that ziricote? :) and Dano are they all Hot Rails in 3 different positions?

RE:Dano are they all Hot Rails in 3 different positions?

Yes they are all Hot Rails.  I am relatively new to single coil pickups having played predominately Les Paul and then PRS type guitars for 50 or so years.  I built a Warmoth Strat before this one with single coils and I found those pickups a little wanting for the punch I was used to... Putting single coil sized Humbuckers with the option to split the coils seemed like a very reasonable solution.  These pickups are very high output and sound similar to my SD Pearly Gates when cranked up.  With the coils split, they are pretty meek by comparison.  I like these a lot.  Best of both worlds!

I just got involved in this forum recently, and it is fantastic to see all of the beautiful guitars being built.  A great place to share your creations!  Some real eye candy here!  Thanks to all and best of luck to the entrants!

Thanks I'm doing something similar but with Hot, Vintage and Cool rails and phase and neck on switching.
Buzz, thanks - only 1 pic came through but it looks good :)

Back