Not new...but my Warmoth "Jackson" SRV Tribute...

Maple Board Trilogy

PICT0779.jpg

When two worlds collide...

DSCN00702.jpg

I may have to "man up" and chop off Frets 23 & 24...pick up a RWRP DiMarzio SDS-1 for Middle Position of the 3 Single Coil Set Up...maybe a Laser Blue Strat Pickguard on the Orange Strat Body w/the White Pickups...replace the knobs, switch tip etc w/White...then slap it all together and just play...

The Bastard!!!

Or...as this is a "Work In Progress" and does looks ABSOLUTELY NASTY w/the Laser Blue HS & Candy Tangerine Body..."not necessarily in a good way"...but hey...what's the diff vs. Vai's "Green Meanie" or Ibanez Jems in Loch Ness Green w/Pink & Yellow Accents, Desert Yellow & Green/Red Accents or Shocking Pink w/Green & Yellow Accents...or even some of Kramer's own E.E. Signature Model Color Combos !?!?!

I found a guy who will make a Strat Pickguard in Ibanez Blue Mirror for total overkill on the color clash or I may just get a Single Hum White Pearl Strat P/G and drop in a Laser Blue DiMarzio Tone Zone w/a single volume (push/pull tap) and a Laser Blue Volume Knob.

I'll have to contemplate this one for a while but I'll be using the Ibanez Neck w/the Warmoth Body.

Did you measure the scale length out?  I was under the impression that Warmoth and the Ibanez AANJ were incompatible and wouldn't intonate.

Everyone has that impression...but this neck is a '91 w/a square heel and the 24 Fret Extension, therefore, not AANJ and correct scale.   :party07: :headbang: :guitarplayer2:

Just got a new set of Gotoh Tuners for the Ibby Neck...

Traded a Vintage Ibanez "Bensalem, PA" Neck Plate for a White F-Spaced DiMarzio Tone Zone...

Placed an inquiry w/Warmoth about a new Pickguard:
- White Pearloid
- Angled White Tone Zone F in the Bridge
- Two White SDS-1s in the Neck/Middle

...obv. w/the 24 Fret Extension of the Ibby Fretboard, the Neck S/C Postion will have to be relocated.

I've been tinkering w/this thing non-stop for the last week...adjusting pickups, string height/action, neck angle/alignment, getting the string path perfectly centered on the neck, etc...I've finally got it set up just about perfect now! :headbang

DSCN01261.jpg

MedianMusic said:
Your Ibanez/Strat hybrid is awesome! I would just leave the 23-24 frets alone and rock!

Thanks! Most definitely a "Hyrbrid". It's been through a few "changes" this past year for sure. I contemplated chopping Frets 23 & 24 but decided to leave them and just elimate the neck pickup on it. It's been an "interesting" project to say the least.

Thankfully, now that it's been set up and undergone final tweaking, it plays very nicely and sounds great and that was my goal when I set out to use the Ibby Neck on the Warmoth Body. I'm very happy w/it and am enjoying playing it and that's what really matters!  :party07: :headbang1: :guitarplayer2:

haha the only thing that keeps this a tribute is the pickguard that you're replacing  :laughing11:
nothing better than stevie playin a little metal  :headbang1:

Patrick said:
haha the only thing that keeps this a tribute is the pickguard that you're replacing  :laughing11:
nothing better than stevie playin a little metal  :headbang1:

You are absolutley right...I've a feeling that the Ibanez Neck will be on a different body soon...

BnRhPgmkKGrHqIOKiYEtk04ueFnBLjOwryt.jpg

BnRjMBGkKGrHqUOKiMEtlgi1GSFBLjOw3bE.jpg

and I'll be looking for another "Fender" Neck for the SRV.  :headbang1:

Back