Not new...but my Warmoth "Jackson" SRV Tribute...

muttznmongrelz

2003WarmothSRVStrat1-1.jpg

2003WarmothSRVStrat2-1.jpg

2003WarmothSRVStrat3-1.jpg

2003 Warmoth Floyd Rose Stratocaster® Style Guitar "SRV" Tribute

Warmoth Birdseye Maple/Birdseye Maple Neck w/"Jackson" & "SRV" Logos, "Jimi Hendrix" Signature Logo at Fret #13- 6105 SS Frets, Warmoth Compound Radius, Standard Back Shape
Warmoth 2 Piece Alder Body in Candy Tangerine
DiMarzio Vintage SDS1/Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder RWRP/DiMarzio Vintage SDS1 with Vol/Tone/Fender TBX – Neck & Bridge, Fender 5 Way Strat Selector
Top Mount Vintage WD KKT3 Floyd Black w/Brass Block
SRV Black & White “Music Notes” Leather Strap

Looks like a real shredder. I'm curious why it's an SRV tribute though? His guitars were totally different than this one.

tfarny said:
Looks like a real shredder. I'm curious why it's an SRV tribute though? His guitars were totally different than this one.

You don't remember Stevie's Floyd equipped orange Jackson period?  Where were you?

Nice guitar though.

tfarny said:

Exactly...hence the "Tribute" tag rather than a "Replica". I started the project off w/an SRV Pickguard gifted to me by my wife, as I'm a pretty big SRV Fan. From there I went w/Strat Body/Neck Combo and had no intention of doing the "Replica/Relic" thing and I wanted a Maple Fretboard and a Floyd on her.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
tfarny said:

You don't remember Stevie's Floyd equipped orange Jackson period?  Where were you?

Nice guitar though.

Ha! That's good. Honestly...that thought was a generator for the direction I took w/the guitar...."what if Stevie had played a Floyd equipped guitar....and worked w/Jackson in the 80's...hmmmmmm".

Take a little SRV (Strat, Single Coils, Pickguard, SRV Decals, SRV HS Signature, Music Notes Strap)...add a pinch of Van Halen (Maple Board & Floyd)...a little Jimi for Mojo (Maple Board Neck & Signature Logo @ Fret 13)...

Warped I know, but I couldn't get rid of the obsession w/completing the project once I got it in my head!!! Never looked back and been very happy w/the results ever since it was completed. :)

In the immortal words of Elvis Aaron Presley..."Thank you, thank you very much"!  :party07:  :guitarplayer2:  :party07:

Upgraded to a Vintage Original Floyd Rose!  Just needs to be set up again. :guitarplayer2: :headbang1: :party07:

PICT0732.jpg

very unique!

How did you get the Hendrix sig on there and how is it protected?
Is it an inlay?

MUYFUE said:
very unique!

How did you get the Hendrix sig on there and how is it protected?
Is it an inlay?

Thanks! "Jimi Hendrix" Signature is a decal, not your standard waterslide, but a heavy duty one that I snagged off eBay a few years back. Trimmed to the size of the signature itself and simply affixed. I must say, it's held up very well and hasn't changed color or aged in any way.

Thanks. The whole "concept" of this guitar was a crazy idea with which I got obsessed and just ran with. I was pleased that it came out as "together" as it did. Hasn't been a disappointment in any way.

Best decision I made...to use a Warmoth Body/Neck Combo! After putting it together twice w/a Fender MIJ Photoflame Sunburst Body & Neck, then using a Mighty Mite Blueburst Body & Fender Neck...it never quite worked out to be the guitar that I had in mind w/those components. Fender Products, at least the necks & bodies, are all over the place as far as "Consistency/Fit & Finish"...which I learned the hard way!

After 6 years I figure I just wasn't going to ever get along with the Warmoth Compound Radius...so I sold the Birdseye/Birdseye Maple Board Neck in favor of a Fender Japan HRR Maple Board Neck w/a 12" Radius, upgraded to a Vintage 80's OFR and removed the "SRV" Holographic Decals...

1988FenderHRRNeck1.jpg

1988FenderHRRNeck2.jpg

SRVBody1.jpg
SRVBody2.jpg

...can't wait to get it and get the guitar set up again!!!  

Nothing...my three favorite necks are an '88 B.C. Rich Gunslinger Maple Board, an '88 Kramer E.E. Pro I Rosewood Board and a '91 Ibanez RG550 Rosewood Board. Each of those gets more attention that the Compound Radius Neck did simply due to feeling better and having an ease of play about them, more comfortable in my hand if you will. I'm hoping that this Fender Neck will fit the bill "feel wise" as well.

Unfortunately, it spends a lot of time in the case...hence the neck change. It's got great tone w/the DiMarzio SDS-1/Duncan QP RWRP/DiMarzio SDS-1 so I'm hoping to up it's playing time w/the Fender HRR Neck.

Back