Nice new strat case!

Steve_Karl

I just received a new strat. case and wanted to just give a heads up that these are pretty nice.
Light, strong, great latches and lock and perfect balance when loaded.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360199018279&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I suspect they're averaging around $100.00 USD delivered.

I ended up paying $90.50 which includes shipping.

I wonder if the plastic exterior is more durable than the chainsaw cases. I just bought a chainsaw case for my new Warmoth and have already scratched the ever loving junk out of it (the case, not the guitar)

Hard to tell since I've never had a chainsaw case, but I just scratch tested mine with a screwdriver ... and yea ... it left some little white marks.
But if I would have done the same scratch test on my original toilex covered case I'd have cut through the toilex ... so I have to say I'm happy with this
plastic material. I filled in the scratches I just made ( on the underside footer piece ) with a sharpie and they're blending in now. So ... no big deal.
I like it. This case is airline flight approved but I bet it would look pretty bad after being skidded across a stretch of runway.

The link seems to have pointed towards an SKB case.  Those are fairly decent cases for the money.

Back