NGD (Non-Warmoth) - Pink Paisley Tele

Wizard of Wailing

Here's my pink paisley Tele.  It has aged hardware, including Fender locking tuners and a Gotoh In-Tune bridge.  Matte black pickguard.  Manlius Broadcaster pickups with aged look (The bridge pickup has incredibly smooth sounding distortion).  Pink knobs from Anotone.  The neck is maple with a Brazilian Walnut fretboard.  It has clay inlays, a 12" radius, heavily rolled fretboard edges, a Tusq XL nut, and 90 X 55 SS frets.  I stained the neck with StewMac Vintage Amber (and I didn't worry about getting the coloration even, since I'm going for an aged look).  Then I applied 3 coats of Tru-Oil and 1 coat of wax.
    I also got another Tele.  I got my first guitar (a no-name Cort knock-off that is in my avatar),  for Christmas back in 1988.  My parents told me that if I got good at playing, they would buy me a nice guitar.  So for my 15th birthday in 1990 they took me the store and I picked out an midnight blue genuine made in the USA Telecaster.  I ended up selling that guitar in 1996 and soon regretted it.  The guy who bought it still has it, and still lives in the area.  However, he changed the pickups to EMGs and made other mods that altered the guitar too much for me to consider buying it back.  Anyway, a 1992 midnight blue Tele popped up on Reverb a few months ago and I bought it.  It feels just like my ole Tele.  I forgot how great that Tele neck pickup sounds.  I'ts especially great for jazz sounds.
    Basement cat continues to demand attention and interrupt my practice.  He's obviously the reason I haven't perfected the very end of Megadeth's Tornado of Souls solo.
      I've got no guitar builds planned for 2020.  I'm going to concentrate on my rig by getting an Axe Fx III or a Kemper. 
    Sorry for the sideways photos.  My computer skills are weak.

Attachments

• IMG_4069.JPG
    IMG_4069.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_4080.JPG
    IMG_4080.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4083.JPG
    IMG_4083.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 247
Congrats. I will say, that one is pink! Looks good. Glad to hear you got one like the one you had before, too.  :icon_thumright:

Hark! The Herald Tele Sings, yo! That paisley daisy be looking brave and, baby, dare I say vaguely tasty? It makes me question my life choices (guitar related at least - I don't regret moving to Philly for a year, renting a loft with six or seven dudes, joining a noise band, eating hummus with them, smoking cloves, painting the great american novel, or investing in a salsa company. it almost bankrupted me but what a ride). I've never seent a walnut fretboard before, or even knew that Brazil grew walnut trees. That's really cool! and it's a neck from the Big W?

Rgand said:
Congrats. I will say, that one is pink! Looks good. Glad to hear you got one like the one you had before, too.  :icon_thumright:

That was my thought: shell pink? Nope, HOT pink! I’ve never owned one, but there is a certain appeal to the Paisley Teles. Happy NGD!

The neck is from Musikraft.  The Brazilian Walnut (also called Ipe), is from the Coney Island Boardwalk when a lot of that wood there was replaced with concrete and synthetic woods (in 2010 I think). I've got the same fretboard on the shell pink Strat and the holo flake Strat.

Beautiful looking collection of guitars! And my wife complains about me having eight......  :icon_biggrin:

Good to hear you found a replacement for your 1992 Midnight Blue Tele. I'd love to find another mid 60's Kent 740 to replace the one I sold......

PS: "Basement cat" got a name?

Yes, basement cat's name is Squeaks, because that's the sound he makes.  He likes to sit on my lap while his younger brother Buster likes to lay on whatever tab book I have in front if me.

Back