Next Crazy Ass MnM Idea: SRV Pink Paisley Strat

muttznmongrelz

2008 Fender SRV Signature Neck on a Complete 1988 Fender Pink Paisley Stratocaster Body

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

It's not bad looking.  I'd suggest getting some tuners to go with those bushings :)
The pickups look a little low too.  (String it up and rock all night!)

Thanks! It's getting a new set of Fender (Gotoh) Vintage Kluson Style Nickel Tuners, .10-.46 Strings and, in relation to the pickups, from what I've researched in photos/forums...they are set up that low on most of these models...obviously I'll need to "dial them in" once I've got it back in hand and plugged into the JMP.  :headbang1:

I like it! As far as pups go, I like them low. Helps avoid string pull with traditional strat pickups, gets a nice sound. Still gets plenty of volume, at least on mine.

I approve.

Tipperman said:
I like it! As far as pups go, I like them low. Helps avoid string pull with traditional strat pickups, gets a nice sound. Still gets plenty of volume, at least on mine.

I approve.

Thanks! Yes Sir...what you stated above is exactly what I was reading in the forums in regards to the way people have them set up and their perception of the sound they were getting..."Vintage Strat Tone".

I know that I am guilty of always suggesting this, and it has not real functional value, but Bakelite pickup covers finish off the look really well.  RetroSpec has them.  I put them on my strat and I thought it really finished off the whole vintage vibe thing.  Your results may vary...
Patrick

Not only do you get a cool strat tone (I use Custom Shop 69s in mine, VERY low.) but you don't have to worry about the (in my case staggered) poles pulling things out of tune!  :rock-on:

Thanks! I know Pink isn't for everyone but when I started thinking about it I kind of thought it "worked". I'm quite happy w/the results.

Back