newbie #4 SG quilt maple cap in blue dye

Wow, that's pretty freakin' awesome. That birdseye will looks stellar against the blue... :headbang1:

:kewlpics:
That neck is stupid crazy lookin' and the two tone is almost making me like the SG body style.  Seriously though, that is one sharp looking ride.
:hello2:

Thanx guys, those words of encouragement mean alot and deserve more pics

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 432
  • 17.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 18.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 447
This comment/question is not intended to be rude in any way, but is it really necessary to have 3 guitars using the exact same types of woods and largely the same pickup configs? All of them are beautiful and amazing, and don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but isn't having 3 of largely the same guitar kind of pointless? Different bridges makes sense, but the most i would do there would be have one thats fixed, and one thats a floyd.

ClassicMetalMatt said:
This comment/question is not intended to be rude in any way, but is it really necessary to have 3 guitars using the exact same types of woods and largely the same pickup configs? All of them are beautiful and amazing, and don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but isn't having 3 of largely the same guitar kind of pointless? Different bridges makes sense, but the most i would do there would be have one thats fixed, and one thats a floyd.

I understand dude, and under normal circumstances I would agree however the point of this particular exersize is to have 2 guitars for the lead & rythym for my daughters new band and a backup for ea that can mimic the main guitars yet be different enough without failing the primary requirement....backup. I must admit I was toying with the idea of a bigsby for this SG but went for the schaller instead, though I could still change that down the track if required.

Hope that helps clear things up a little.

A few more pics.....why not

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 24.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 25.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 460
:icon_scratch: I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure we can spend our money on whatever we want, without puting it to a vote first.  I myself, have committed the vile crime of owning several shirts that are just different colors, but all still do essentially the same thing; covering me up so I can go to work. ???  Personally don't think an explanation was even required, but it's a fine fine thing that Wombi8 does.  :rock-on:

Mad Hatter said:
:icon_scratch: I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure we can spend our money on whatever we want, without puting it to a vote first.
Personally don't think an explanation was even required,
:icon_scratch:  Nothing mentioned about .... how much you can spend or a vote of any kind, in this thread.  :doh:

I presume your talking about this  ...
ClassicMetalMatt said:
This comment/question is not intended to be rude in any way,
but is it really necessary to have 3 guitars using the exact same types of woods and largely the same pickup configs?

Which just happens to be the same type of question I asked wombi8 here ...
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19767.msg292006#msg292006

I don't see anything wrong with asking those questions.  :cool01:

And I don't see anything wrong with that SG!!! Awesome looking Axe Eugene! :headbang1:  :rock-on:
I bet that raised your popularity just a bit with your daughter, eh!  :eek:ccasion14:

wombi8 said:
ClassicMetalMatt said:
words i said

I understand dude, and under normal circumstances I would agree however the point of this particular exersize is to have 2 guitars for the lead & rythym for my daughters new band and a backup for ea that can mimic the main guitars yet be different enough without failing the primary requirement....backup. I must admit I was toying with the idea of a bigsby for this SG but went for the schaller instead, though I could still change that down the track if required.

Ah cool. I thought they were all for you. But as long as you arent stealing all the beautiful quilts for yourself, its all good.
On another note, your are now my new favorite parent. :D

ClassicMetalMatt said:
wombi8 said:
ClassicMetalMatt said:
words i said

Ah cool. I thought they were all for you. But as long as you arent stealing all the beautiful quilts for yourself, its all good.
On another note, your are now my new favorite parent. :D

Thanx dude, I will still own them all just going to used by the young guns who have still to audition and be selected. Though I`ve ordered them to my specs and preferences,  the younguns are young enuff to get used em .

As for all the quilts these are all the $150 unique choice quilts, all the more expensive and even nicer quilts are still available, imagine how much better they would look.

similarly I dont mind fielding questions that clear things up, sometimes theres a good reason, sometimes its personal preference and sometimes its experience or a combination of all 3 preferences.

Its all good when opinions are offered and asked for as long as everyone realizes its each persons opinions and be respected for them.

The red strat #1 should be finished in about 2 weeks and we`ll see how that goes.

No more pics though

I just checked thru the body builder for SG`s and the following dyes on quilts have matching candy colors for the back

Green,
Washed blue
Turquoise &
Yellow

Updown said:
Mad Hatter said:
:icon_scratch: I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure we can spend our money on whatever we want, without puting it to a vote first.
Personally don't think an explanation was even required,
:icon_scratch:  Nothing mentioned about .... how much you can spend or a vote of any kind, in this thread.  :doh:

I presume your talking about this  ...
ClassicMetalMatt said:
This comment/question is not intended to be rude in any way,
but is it really necessary to have 3 guitars using the exact same types of woods and largely the same pickup configs?

Which just happens to be the same type of question I asked wombi8 here ...
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19767.msg292006#msg292006

I don't see anything wrong with asking those questions.  :cool01:

Point taken

wombi8 said:
If you had to give this a name, what would you suggest?
Jumble Jumble said:

:laughing7:    :laughing3:    :laughing11:

What about ... WOW or Candy or Blue Moon

For gods sake just don't call it a Short Horn  :icon_biggrin:

Back