New Warmoth neck and a PRS S2 Vela/Reclaimed Copy build

Beautiful instrument, congratulations  :hello2: That notch is like the icing on the cake  :icon_thumright:

I've been meaning to try a magnetically attached cover, but somehow have never gotten around to it. I guess somewhere deep down I feel like once I put that cover on, it should never have to come off again, let alone frequently enough to need fast, easy access. The cosmetic part is appealing, but since it's the back of the instrument I guess I've never felt strongly enough about there being four little screws there that I'd go through any great effort to eliminate them. Does look good, though.

Cagey said:
I've been meaning to try a magnetically attached cover, but somehow have never gotten around to it. I guess somewhere deep down I feel like once I put that cover on, it should never have to come off again, let alone frequently enough to need fast, easy access. The cosmetic part is appealing, but since it's the back of the instrument I guess I've never felt strongly enough about there being four little screws there that I'd go through any great effort to eliminate them. Does look good, though.

I have some extra magnets if you want to give it a shot

Thanks, but I think I'm all set for magnets. Went on a little binge back when it looked like "Bucky Balls" was going out of business. They had several blowout sales on all sorts of neodymium stuff. Balls, squares, and cylinders in multiple shapes/sizes/colors.

Cagey said:
Thanks, but I think I'm all set for magnets. Went on a little binge back when it looked like "Bucky Balls" was going out of business. They had several blowout sales on all sorts of neodymium stuff. Balls, squares, and cylinders in multiple shapes/sizes/colors.

is there anything you done have?

Well, I don't have all the big tools I used to have when I had a real wood shop, so I can't really build from scratch. I don't have a car. I don't have a wife/girlfriend/cat. I don't have cancer. I don't have much of a filter on my mouth in real life. I don't have any shitz left to give about a lotta things  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
Well, I don't have all the big tools I used to have when I had a real wood shop, so I can't really build from scratch. I don't have a car. I don't have a wife/girlfriend/cat. I don't have cancer. I don't have much of a filter on my mouth in real life. I don't have any shitz left to give about a lotta things  :laughing7:

Have you ever considered a career in piracy? You'd make an excellent Dread Pirate Roberts....

Hehe! No, never thought about it. A few companies have been convinced I'd make an excellent marketing weenie, one going so far as to pay me a ton of money to do it while sending me to all sorts of "charm schools" to refine the innate talent for it, but I really didn't enjoy it. As much of sociopath as I am, I couldn't get much satisfaction out of manipulating people. I was much happier with computers as applied to monitor and control (as opposed to data processing or IT in general), and did quite well writing custom military/industrial software for many years. If I hadn't bashed my head in and lost huge chunks of memory, I'd still be doing it. Paid like crime and was great fun at the same time.

good news if I did get the bridged straight.  Like I said it was only 1/32 off.  I was able to loosen the 1st and 3rd screw and just tweek it a bit.  Perfect.

I find myself not wanting to play anything else.  it sounds and feels so good.  The only thing the real PRS offers is a bit more access to the 22nd fret.  This is only due to the set neck and the deeper contour.

The guitar in action with my son

Attachments

• 20171124_185218.jpg
    20171124_185218.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Back