New Warmoth Customer and New Board Member

Hello,
My name is Noah.  I live in Indiana and have been playing guitar for almost 20 years.
I've owned lots of off the shelf guitars over the years but this is my first Warmoth project.
I've been lurking here for a while since ordering my Warmoth gear.  Lots of BEAUTIFULL instruments being built by the people here.  Wow is all I can say after seeing some of you guys' guitars/basses.

I really love 24 fret instruments, and I have owned a Jackson neck-thru soloist, and a Prestige Jem, but neither had the feel of one of my favorite guitars of all time that I owned, a Mexican Strat@!

First the specs, then the pics.
Neck:
7/8 warhead 24 fret
maple/maple
black sharkfin inlays
black graphite tusq nut
medium/jumbo fretwire
Fender brand locking tuners, staggered height

Body:
7/8 Strat style
Swamp Ash
Neon Orange (new Warmoth finish)
contoured heel
universal pickup front route
strat style plug jack
surface mount Wilkinson VS100

Accessories:
White Pearloid pickguard
Blue Dimarzio Evo Neck/Bridge humbuckers
one volume
one tone
2 3-way mini switches for coil tapping

pics
2013-01-18184850.jpg

2013-01-09165538.jpg

2013-02-23194325.jpg

2013-03-06182452.jpg

2013-03-06182611.jpg

2013-03-06182708.jpg

2013-03-06183256.jpg

As of now I have only bolted the neck to the body.
I have a lot of soldering to do and need to find pickguard screws.
I have all the other stuff I need
Thank goodness there was a sticker inside the neck pocket warning against using full size screws on the contoured heel.
I had to cut all four screws down or they would've went through the fretboard!!!

Nice.

Kinda reminds me of what a bastard child from a JEM and a Charvel might look like...  :icon_biggrin:

(And welcome to the board!)

Welcome to the board.
Looks like a great project, I bet you can't wait to see it finished.
If you've been hanging here for a while you probably have heard this before but;
You better start exercising your face muscles,
'cause your going to be grinning  A LOT!
:rock-on:

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.
This seems to be a civilized board, you know how some can be! lol
I would've bought a Charvel, but I'm sick of locking nuts, and I don't think any Charvels are 24 fret, but other than that, yeah it's basically the only style guitar that NO manufacturer makes.
Bolt-on, 24 fret, 2 Hum, NO LOCKING NUT lololol
Dont get me wrong, I really like Floyd/Edge systems, I just wanted to keep it "simple"

Welcome to the board!
That's an interesting color combination you've got going with the orange, pearl, maple, and blue.

I too am in Indiana.

Welcome to the board! That's a sweet axe! I love charvels, and that kind of reminds of one. Love the neck also! :eek:ccasion14: :headbang:

I love your pickup choice also, I've got a set of the evos in an old les Paul copy and they sound killer.

Thanks again.  I had a charvel Mutt years ago but 21 frets won't cut it. I'm no Steve Vai or Marty Friedman (2 of my faves) but I got addicted to using all the frets once I had them.

Well, She's Alive now.  I still need a full set of pickguard screws, and I totally forgot strap buttons!!

The Wilkinson by Gotoh Vs100 is VERY NICE equipment. this is the first time i've used one, and with the graphite nut and locking tuners, i can use the trem quite a bit with no tuning problems.

I got the intonation pretty close, but I'm sure it could be better.
Check out the Sexy Cowgirl Neckplate I scored from Ebay.  (FSR custom shop)

2013-03-06214525.jpg

2013-03-08001441.jpg

2013-03-08001454.jpg

Back