New Warmoth body styles

JohnnyGtar

Hi everyone, newbie here. I've heard that there are some new Warmoth bodies coming out. (If memory serves, I think I saw a pic of a new Warmoth LP style body) Can someone direct me to info and pics on these new shapes? Thanks!!!  :rock-on:

Check out the "In Stock" bodies. The new ones are the Regale Carved Top, the Royale, the Diamondback, the Velocity and the Mooncaster. They've redesigned/ added new necks too. Regal, Vortex and Mooncaster.

why do the new models not appear in the online builders? … it has been such a long time. To me, the "design it yourself" is where the attraction with Warmoth is. I don't want to buy showcase items (even if there are, of course, certainly as well made and everything).

The builder takes a lot of manual programming so it is always lagging behind new offerings.

I'm sure Warmoth got their best geeks locked up inside the programming room until the builder is up with all the new models.  :)

They are often slow with the builders.

But that doesn't necessarily mean you can't order a custom version of something not there yet by phone or email.

As a developer, my personal opinion is that the length of time it takes to add or update a builder is indicative of one or more of:

1. it's not very high priority
2. the original first builder code was written badly, in such a way that new builders take near as long to create as the first one did

I'm leaning towards 2.

I used to be a developer, and I concur. Trying to modify old code is most often a mistake, but it gets done that way more often than not. People are loathe to dump code that cost a lot of time/money/heartache to create, so they just keep patching and modifying and making it worse, thinking they're saving something. It inevitably ends up costing tons more.

drewfx said:
But that doesn't necessarily mean you can't order a custom version of something not there yet by phone or email.

… good point! But I'd enjoy to toy around with the builder. It is part of the "GAS ceremony" :) I figured that there was a LP builder and hence doing a Regal builder shouldn't be something that takes 6 months (I am/used to be a program developer as well). Anyways, patience is the name of the game … and it is not that I don't have nice guitars to stare at at home :)

I'm also guessing that part of the problem might be that they are already abysmally slow in rolling out the "new" versions of the builders (Why do a new product with the old builder?).
My understanding was that part of this was the need to do all the photography/graphics for the preview pictures, but given the ridiculous amount of time that has passed I'm also guessing that it isn't terribly close to the top of the priority list.

Cagey said:
I used to be a developer, and I concur. Trying to modify old code is most often a mistake, but it gets done that way more often than not. People are loathe to dump code that cost a lot of time/money/heartache to create, so they just keep patching and modifying and making it worse, thinking they're saving something. It inevitably ends up costing tons more.

Maybe if the person writing the original code wrote it ass backwards and horribly.  Coding a website is about as straight forward as it gets.  Whoever "handles" the Warmoth website is just plain lazy or dumb, one of the two.  Does anyone actually believe, for carved top bodies, that Warmoth only has Indian Rosewood and Walnut?  Really?

It must be really hard to upload some photos, take a webpage architecture, and edit it to take the place of a new product, because the VIP still needs to be updated to resemble the Strat/Soloist/Tele builders.  That hasn't been fixed for over 6 months.  Every builder should act like the Strat/tele/soloists do, you pick your top, you can see a mock paintjob of it, you can see how the binding will look against the paint/grain, you can see a representation of the back of the guitar.

VIP, Wolfgang, far too many guitars are still rocking that outdated drop-down menu BS.

The neck builder is a joke too when it comes to unique choices.  Makes so much sense to have view grain detail on a 30x100 pixel picture.

Back