New VIP Body Day

chimi42

Hi guys,

Bought this off the ‘bay not long ago. After a short stint in quarantine I was able to get her out. Looks actually better than it did in the auction pics. I was worried because there looked to be significant scratching on the top, luckily the seller was just trying to be very honest and the scratches can be barely seen.

Sooo... now that I have the body I need a neck and a Floyd. My goal is to not spend a ton of $$

I’m thinking a decent gotoh Floyd type bridge. I have some pickups I could throw in.

I do need help with a neck. I ordered a warmoth neck that was the standard thin 1 11/16 at the nut for another guitar. While it’s nice I’d like something thinner.

That being said if you have a neck lying around please let me know!

Attachments

• image1 (25).png
    image1 (25).png
    684.2 KB · Views: 496
Nice work!  I've always wanted a VIP. very interested in seeing the final guitar...

Beautiful guitar body, and exactly how I would have it done.  Love the Black Korina on that body.  Looking forward to seeing this completed.

Finally snatched a nice warmoth neck for the body! Now i just need a floyd style bridge without breaking the bank. I take it a Gotoh won't work, correct?

Attachments

• PRS1.gif
    PRS1.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
  • PRS2.gif
    PRS2.gif
    1 MB · Views: 276
  • PRS3.gif
    PRS3.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
chimi42 said:
Finally snatched a nice warmoth neck for the body! Now i just need a floyd style bridge without breaking the bank. I take it a Gotoh won't work, correct?

Why would it not work?

A Gotoh 1996T will work on the Floyd studs and posts if already fitted provided the rout is for an OFR. Check the dimensions of the rout etc.

Back