New video: Did a Swimming Pool Rout Destroy My Tone?

What really infuriated me is that the gravitational field from planets in our solar system was blatantly ignored.
It is well known, in the deepest corners of online forums (and thus the most expert ones), to greatly affect tone as the distance between pickups and strings changes ever so slightly.
It's unfortunate this was accidentally ignored by not routing the body as fast as possible between takes; but maybe it's alright since most mere mortals were somehow unable to hear the difference in a blind test anyways.

Indeed. Good to hear from a fellow cosmic traveller.

I have often pondered whether my tone waxes and wanes with the phases of the moon. I find single coils sound fatter during a gibbous phase, for example. :D

Indeed. Good to hear from a fellow cosmic traveller.

I have often pondered whether my tone waxes and wanes with the phases of the moon. I find single coils sound fatter during a gibbous phase, for example. :D

This is exactly why I will not book gigs during a gibbous moon.

Well that, and that other issue I deal with....

now THIS is pod racing Quality Content™. i watch this vid over and over until the wheels fell right off the spice wagon

lol @ all the Lord Von Flexingtons in the YT comments, no consensus on the sound diff. some bros saying it's warmer, some brighter, some whatever the heck "more open" means (one of the most vague-est adjectives in the guitar Lexinomicon). #personally i couldn't hear any diff that I couldnt put down to The Great AA having his pickin' hand in slightly different poshishes (cool way to say 'positions'). awesome vid, good times, great oldies. further solidifying my hypotenuse that tone is stored in the balls (or ovaries) and merely modified by the pickups and amp and speaker and microphone. Tone Questers better check their privilege if u know what I'm saying

now THIS is pod racing Quality Content™. i watch this vid over and over until the wheels fell right off the spice wagon

lol @ all the Lord Von Flexingtons in the YT comments, no consensus on the sound diff. some bros saying it's warmer, some brighter, some whatever the heck "more open" means (one of the most vague-est adjectives in the guitar Lexinomicon). #personally i couldn't hear any diff that I couldnt put down to The Great AA having his pickin' hand in slightly different poshishes (cool way to say 'positions'). awesome vid, good times, great oldies. further solidifying my hypotenuse that tone is stored in the balls (or ovaries) and merely modified by the pickups and amp and speaker and microphone. Tone Questers better check their privilege if u know what I'm saying
Dude, you remind me of "Howlin' Mad" Murdoch of the A-Team. Crazy, but cool.
:cool:

Back