New neck

BlueTalon

I actually got this neck a month or so ago.  But since my phone is a dumb phone, I had to take pictures with an actual camera.  One that has a proprietary USB connection.  Which I couldn't find the cable for.  Also, I'm using this neck to show off a couple other pieces I recently got -- which I didn't take pictures of coming out of the box because I couldn't find my camera.

outofbox_zpscf9b53b4.jpg

outofbox0_zps89f5b75a.jpg

outofbox0b_zps305ad3f5.jpg

BN4366B_zps95709a8b.jpg

outofbox2a_zps55d0697e.jpg

outofbox2_zps328b7bd9.jpg

BN3892A.jpg

BN3892B.jpg

outofbox1b_zpsaa3d5b0c.jpg

outofbox1_zpsdba988af.jpg

outofbox1a_zps7bf9f6b8.jpg

:blob7:  WOWZA  .... some very tasty parts there. 

That Black one with that neck, just Yummie Yum Yum  :eek:
Glad to see they are both 4 strings  :icon_thumright:

You don't need 2 ...... send that Black one to me ASAP  :icon_biggrin:

Believe it or not, these were all Showcase items.  One view I forgot of the out-of-the-box neck:

BN4366B_zps95709a8b.jpg

That black one is in the process of becoming my signature bass.  I completely shielded all cavities including the bridge route with copper, and then made sure everything was electrically connected/grounded.  Then I laid a copper foundation for the bridge, and installed a Schaller 463 (all hardware is/will be gloss black).  Also installed a tele-style jackplate (a machined one, not a stamped sheet metal one.  For tone, I put in three Fender split-coil humbucking J pickups.  Currently, the body is in Texas, having a Turnstyle Switch and custom electronics installed.  When it gets back, I plan to have Mike Lull install the neck & tuners, set it up and have it Plek'd.

Updown, you can't have it.  This is going to be my first high-end bass.  (The other one is going to be my second, so you can't have that one either.)

Scuffcakes, thanks.

Cagey, the bridge pickup is in the normal position.  I had Warmoth custom route the two neck pickups 2" apart from each other.  The tone possibilities are going to be tremendous, especially with the electronics package going into it (details later). 

Yes, 3-pickup basses are uncommon.  However, it will not be my first. 

GEDC0118m.jpg

I am headed out the door for work. I may of missed it but what is the fingerboard wood on the black bass neck? Looks amazing!!!

augiegus said:
I am headed out the door for work. I may of missed it but what is the fingerboard wood on the black bass neck? Looks amazing!!!

Assuming some lovely wenge goodness  :toothy10:

augiegus said:

Solomon is right, it is wenge.  Possibly the single most spectacular piece of it I have ever seen.

Related news -- I plan to put a couple of ramps/thumb-rests between the pickups, using a wenge pen blank I acquired from Woodworkers Source.  It should complement the fretboard nicely.

Wow, that J is going to be killer. Are you going with the SD MM pu's in the second one?

Also, did those bodies come with the pilot holes for the pu screws? Was wondering why my rr strat with direct mount pu's didn't come that way.

Hi Crazy -- yes, I have a pair of Seymour Duncan MM pickups for the korina body.  Ceramic for the bridge position, alnico for the neck.

And yes, both bodies had pilot holes drilled for the pickup screws.  I don't know what the deal is on your strat, but I did ask them one time about the lack of pilot holes for tuners, and they said it had something to do with restrictions on what Fender will allow.

Back