New neck after two coats of Tru-Oil.

Laika

wjbew4.jpg

16anq5f.jpg

Will be adding it to an agave blue MIM strat body.

:eek:ccasion14:

Looks great  :icon_thumright:

Has that got a Ebony fretboard ?

Note to self .... Must try some Tru-oil someday  :toothy10:

That's sharp! I didn't know "blue ice" was a Fender color. I don't think I've ever seen one. Then, that neck! You're going to be one happy camper when that baby's done.

Cagey said:
That's sharp! I didn't know "blue ice" was a Fender color. I don't think I've ever seen one. Then, that neck! You're going to be one happy camper when that baby's done.

I think it is "agave blue".  I don't think any MIM guitars were made with the "ice blue" color.

Wow, that's a nice neck! Is that 3A Birdseye?
Looking good  :icon_thumright:

This must be the aerosol tru oil? Wipe-on applications don't look anything like that after 2 coats.

museums said:
This must be the aerosol tru oil? Wipe-on applications don't look anything like that after 2 coats.

I think I took the first couple pics when the neck was still wet.  The others with the body are after several more coats. 

I have since given it a more matte appearance with steel wool because I didn't really like the feel of the glossy finish.

Laika said:
museums said:

I think I took the first couple pics when the neck was still wet.  The others with the body are after several more coats. 

I have since given it a more matte appearance with steel wool because I didn't really like the feel of the glossy finish.

Yeah I hear you. I have a junk neck I was trying a TO finish on before my Warmoth neck arrives and after 7 coats it was beautiful but the drag was a bit much. Steel wool knocked it down and it feels fantastic. I think you could probably polish back up from matte to gloss with micromesh pads and it would feel a lot better than the gloss you get just from the TO application.

Back