New Members - Introduce Yourself

Eh up.
I have opened a thread elsewhere... anyhoo...
I use the same name at all the forums I'm a member of, so if you play a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, etc, you've probably had an argument with me at some point. 🤣
I ended up here, since my 'Number 1' (HSS Strat-a-like) took a tumble a couple of months back, so I thought, instead of repairing it, decided after 30 years of service, it was due a refresh. Ordered a neck and body in transparent green (it's currently Ferrari red) and will be transplanting all the hardware and electrics over.
Welcome to the fray from the greater Las Vegas metropolitan area. We're always happy to welcome new victims members. Looking forward to see how your adventure progresses.

Green is a very cool guitar color!
Right you are.

My first completed partscaster is still my number one (and you can tell):

46536453974_568b337ba2_c.jpg

Welcome to the fray from the greater Las Vegas metropolitan area. We're always happy to welcome new victims members. Looking forward to see how your adventure progresses.
I thought you were a CA. fella!?

I dig that, I may just re-pivot and do green again on the velocity!

I mixed up that stain with a 50/50 blend of lacquer thinner and lacquer retarder, and a liberal squirt of Mixol No. 13 Grass Green pigment.

detail.jpg

The journey to this solution is documented here:

I moved to Henderson last February.
Can't believe I wasn't notified! It does make perfect sense though. Since you are a club soda and lime person, you like to gamble. (Kidding) I know you are a square rigged gent!

Last edited:
Very cool. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the new strat in all it's green glory :)
Thanks, I'll post a picture when it's up and running. Expecting them to arrive towards the end of March.
Eyup, are you from Yorkshire?

I don't recognise the username, but welcome to the forum.
Lancashire, originally, but I've been in Brum the last 24 years.

The reason for the transparent green is one of my early guitars, back in the '80s was a Yamaha SG2000S in deep green. I've never really been that bothered about colours, but I've noticed over the last ten years or so, I seem to have a thing for drak green guitars.
Hoping it'll be similar to the Yamaha colour, but wouldn't be the end of the world if it was nearer the (slightly lighter) Emerald Green Brian May guitar I have.

Howdy!

I’m Kat, I live in upstate NY. Just picked up the guitar in September! I already posted about the build I’m working on (musiclander with tele pickups), which I am excited for! I’m especially looking forward to putting in the copper shielding for some reason..maybe because it is shiny?

I also play the banjo, eurorack/modular synthesizer, and piano, though all just for my own enjoyment.

Outside of musical interests, I enjoy skateboarding and hanging out with my dog.

Back