New Members - Introduce Yourself

stratamania

Mythical Status
Here is a thread for new members to introduce themselves.

Jump in and tell us who and where you are, do you have a build planned, etc.

I don't have much to say, I've been trying to learn for a few years now, still I can't carry a tune.

I''m here out of necessity. I've searched for years but I've never found a production guitar that really works for me. I know from experience that a guitar over 7lbs is tough on my back. I have large hands, but a weird pinky so nothing larger than Gibson scale works for me, and 24" is actually ideal. A wide nut, flatter radius and wide string spacing always feels best to me. With very few exceptions, I find production guitars can address some of these conditions but rarely all at the same time. I've built two cigar box guitars and modded two Squires so I am generally comfortable with the idea of building a full guitar from scratch. I'm thinking of two builds to suit two styles of playing. The first may be a chambered telecaster setup as HH with Gibson-scale neck, having the widest nut and string spacing options. The second would be a Mustang body + tremolo, setup as SSS. I've been slowly acquiring hardware for these, so at some point I'll feel guilty enough about having all these unused parts that I'll finally pull the trigger on ordering the bodies and necks!

Do you play guitar or bass?

Are you assembling something from Warmoth or planning to?
As I have said I am still trying to learn, just don't have the time to practice know. As for assembling, I've read a good deal of articles with regards to building your own electric guitar, but I don't plan to build anything soon.

As I have said I am still trying to learn, just don't have the time to practice know. As for assembling, I've read a good deal of articles with regards to building your own electric guitar, but I don't plan to build anything soon.

Okay, feel free to open a post if you have any questions you would like answering.

As it looks like English is not your native language, where are you from?

There are members all over the world, so you are not alone.

Okay, feel free to open a post if you have any questions you would like answering.

As it looks like English is not your native language, where are you from?

There are members all over the world, so you are not alone.
Thank you for your kind words.

I've been trying to learn for a few years now, still I can't carry a tune.
Your avatar photo is impressive for someone just "trying to learn" ;) .

I'm going to assume that's just a photo you found somewhere online and those aren't your personal instruments.

Anyway ... I've been guessing you were a bot starting with your first post. No real human would respond the way you do to questions.

(It feels strange talking to a computer generated "being" ... ugggh :cautious: )

I just sssume she wants to protect her identity. Sometimes it’s best to leave people be.

Your avatar photo is impressive for someone just "trying to learn" ;) .

I'm going to assume that's just a photo you found somewhere online and those aren't your personal instruments.

Anyway ... I've been guessing you were a bot starting with your first post. No real human would respond the way you do to questions.

(It feels strange talking to a computer generated "being" ... ugggh :cautious: )
Just grabbed it off the net. I don't even know the names of those.

I'm with Scab. Bot.

Now the question remains, do we allow a Bot on the board? Does it break any of our conduct rules? I presume that whoever created it has it here to learn english/guitars/whatever as an expert system . Do we want a bot programmer to get his bot training for free?

Actually we're asking similar questions about AI at work. My view is they should be welcomed. I am bugged by free training and what they will do with the knowledge we give them. Do you think they'd obey a contract.

Actually we're asking similar questions about AI at work. My view is they should be welcomed. I am bugged by free training and what they will do with the knowledge we give them. Do you think they'd obey a contract.
Considering they are here posing as a real person without telling anyone the whole truth, I'm thinking not. As for the knowledge we'd give them, who knows? Could go anywhere, or nowhere. I'm for banning, if only because of the lack of transparency up front.

Considering they are here posing as a real person without telling anyone the whole truth, I'm thinking not. As for the knowledge we'd give them, who knows? Could go anywhere, or nowhere. I'm for banning, if only because of the lack of transparency up front.

Personally, I would agree with that view.

I think we have tried what we can to elicit answers to normal conversation but no avail.

What's with my transparency? Sorry if I don't seem transparent, the internet is not the same as it was two decades ago. Our details are no longer safe in here. Random strangers can prowl anywhere and took advantage of what you post here.

What's with my transparency? Sorry if I don't seem transparent, the internet is not the same as it was two decades ago. Our details are no longer safe in here. Random strangers can prowl anywhere and took advantage of what you post here.

Then why post at all if you cannot interact with other forum members.

No one is asking for your real name, address etc, just something like, hey I am from Brazil and your interests in guitar, bass etc. Are you even a real person?

Eh up.
I have opened a thread elsewhere... anyhoo...
I use the same name at all the forums I'm a member of, so if you play a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, etc, you've probably had an argument with me at some point. 🤣
I ended up here, since my 'Number 1' (HSS Strat-a-like) took a tumble a couple of months back, so I thought, instead of repairing it, decided after 30 years of service, it was due a refresh. Ordered a neck and body in transparent green (it's currently Ferrari red) and will be transplanting all the hardware and electrics over.

Eh up.
I have opened a thread elsewhere... anyhoo...
I use the same name at all the forums I'm a member of, so if you play a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, etc, you've probably had an argument with me at some point. 🤣
I ended up here, since my 'Number 1' (HSS Strat-a-like) took a tumble a couple of months back, so I thought, instead of repairing it, decided after 30 years of service, it was due a refresh. Ordered a neck and body in transparent green (it's currently Ferrari red) and will be transplanting all the hardware and electrics over.

Eyup, are you from Yorkshire?

I don't recognise the username, but welcome to the forum.

Back