mullyman

Hey, just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is MULLY. I'm originally from Cincinnati, Ohio but I've been living in Japan since 1991. Been playing guitar since around 1982 or so. I first got into music when I saw Steve Harris from Iron Maiden and then Rudy Sarzo from Quiet Riot. I wanted to be a bass player from that point forward. That Christmas my dad got me a bass and a small amp. He also got my younger brother a guitar and a small amp. One day I was watching TV and I saw Eddie Van Halen and that was it, I stole my brothers guitar and haven't looked back. I'll be 41 next month. Even though I've been playing for as long as I can remember I still feel there are miles and miles for me to travel. I haven't reached the point where I'd like to be.

For years I've been talking about building a Warmoth but never really got around to it. Finally this past December I decided to take the step into the unknown. I used to work in a guitar shop doing minor repairs and such so I didn't think it would be that tough but there surely is a difference when you're working on someone else's guitar that's already been built and doing one yourself. It was a blast though. I'll put some photos up later. For now, it's a (Strat) cherry burst with masked binding over a maple top and alder back. AAA birdseye maple neck and fingerboard. Top routed, I put on a white pearl pickguard and loaded her up with a DiMarzio Tone Zone S in the bridge, DiMarzio Area 61 in the center, and a DiMarzio Heavy Blues 2 in the neck. Coil tapped the bridge with a push/push pot and this thing is a screamer. For amps I have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb and a Peavey 5150II that I run through a Mesa Boogie Road King 4x12 cabinet. I also have a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier combo (50w). For home use I have a Fender Blues Jr (15w) and a little Fernandes 10w jobber that does what I need it to do. Effects are pretty much non-existent with me. I have a Wah pedal and a delay and chorus but that's it.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the crowd. Looking forward to picking up tips on the builds. As it stands right now I will probably never buy a production guitar again......except for maybe a LP custom and an EVH Wolfgang....the new one.

MULLY
Oh, I also have an Ernie Ball Axis EX

Hey Mully.

Welcome along.  I saw your rig on your other thread.  Good looking stuff mate.  Nice one.
:icon_thumright:

Thanks for the welcome messages, guys. I hope to be able to pick up a lot of stuff on building and finishing here. I also hope that I can contribute something in return.
MULLY

Welcome to the boards!   :toothy10:

I just read the other thread and saw you were still having tuning issues on the third string.   While your taking pictures, could I trouble you for a shot of the three contact points (nut, tuners and bridge)? 

Edit: saw the pics in the other thread.  It might be a bad angle with the camera, but it looks like you dont have a straight run from the tuning post to the nut.  Seems to zig zag a little on the string tree.  Try popping that string out of the tree and see if it stays in tune

Blue313 said:
Welcome to the boards!   :toothy10:

I just read the other thread and saw you were still having tuning issues on the third string.   While your taking pictures, could I trouble you for a shot of the three contact points (nut, tuners and bridge)? 

Yeah, not a problem at all. I'm at work right now but I'll do that when I get home today. Thanks.
MULLY

Welcome to the Boards!
Sounds like an awsome guitar, cant wait to see it!

Back