New member and new Tele build!

Chuckwood

Hello everyone!

I am a new member from France, although I am quite familiar with the forum as I have been lurking around here for a few years now. I never felt legitimate to properly join the forum as I had never ordered any parts from Warmoth, but I just started my dream Tele build (30th birthday present) and feel it is time for me to join this community :)

Here are the parts I just received (couldn't be happier), maybe I will create a dedicated topic to document the building process:

Body:

Extra light roasted alder chambered Tele body
Traditional pickup routing
No contours

Neck:

Modern construction Tele neck
Standard thin profile
10"-16" Warmoth radius
Roasted 5A Flame maple shaft
Unique choice Indian rosewood board (this was a pain to import, got stuck at customs for 2 weeks)
21 SS6100 frets
Cream dots
Luminlay side dots
Standard white Graphtech nut

I have worked on a few guitars in the past (electronics and fret work) and learned a lot from everyone here (I just burnished the neck of an old guitar this weekend, boy it feels good), but I have never attempted a complete build. The only thing I am having done professionally is a nitro finish for the body.

Again, I am excited to join you and to share the progress on this project and on the ones to come!

Cheers,
Chuckwood

vf1YZkJ.jpg

WGrsJ1j.jpg

BgsYWmV.jpg

oHyfxL3.jpg

It's gonna be Sherwood green over three tone sunburst. I like old looking guitars but the relic thing is not for me. So it will be a glossy looking brand new nitro sherwood green finish which will reveal the sunburst in certain areas as it ages naturally (as the plan is for it to be an "instrument of a lifetime" kind of guitar).

Bienvenue.  That will be an awesome birthday present :yourock:

Welcome to the forum. Those are the parts to make a spectacular instrument. The neck is gorgeous. Love that roasted alder, too. I've been tempted to make a body from it and just put a clear finish on it.

Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to seeing your guitar come together.

Vive la guitare...

I literally said ”daaaaaaaaaamn” out loud - that is one gorgeous neck!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build. Best of luck and welcome!

Welcome! That's really one slammin' neck! Nice start with the pix too, keep 'em, comin'...  :icon_thumright:

Excellent components :headbang1: That neck is beautiful and the grain on the body is sweet. The color scheme sounds really interesting; can't wait to see more photos as you progress with your build. Welcome to the forum.

Back