New LP body is here!

Orpheo said:
love that top man! and the back is also kickass!`it almost looks like a singlepiece top.

I say purplemist burst. but ey, thats my 'go to' color for the last six years.
It is a one piece top, he said that in the top of the post... :doh:

Now that's nice.

To me, flame that tight screams red dye, or some multi-color dye based around red, like fireburst...

DangerousR6 said:
Orpheo said:
love that top man! and the back is also kickass!`it almost looks like a singlepiece top.

I say purplemist burst. but ey, thats my 'go to' color for the last six years.
It is a one piece top, he said that in the top of the post... :doh:

He is talking about the second LP that Jay posted. It is a two piece and clearly not joined in the middle. nice color though

DangerousR6 said:
Wow... :eek: that's pretty sweet... :headbang1:

Needs a neck plate though!

Thanks for the kind words and input everybody! I'll take a really close pic later, but its got a one piece top, under that a two piece plain maple cap, then black korina back. Is that how Warmoth always does one piece tops? I always thought the whole cap was one piece, but this is really cool. This thing was a couple hundred less than other one pieces I had seen in the Showcase. Maybe the construction made it affordable? If that's the case we could see more one piece tops around soon!

thebutcher85 said:
Personally, I'd be looking at these finishes for inspiration if that LP body was mine!!  :headbang:

Awesome! PRS has some great finishes, that's for sure. Good call. I've been looking at Wildwood and TheMusicZoo for inspiration but had only really looked at Gibsons.

Orpheo, do you have a picture of a Purple LP? I'd love to see one!

JaySwear said:
Orpheo, do you have a picture of a Purple LP? I'd love to see one!

A quick way is to just Google ... Purple Guitars ... then look at images  :icon_thumright:

Here is a Warmoth Purple Dye on Flame Maple, I have just sitting around doing nothing.  :doh:

abbaafb1.jpg

4f6e0879.jpg

NICE one! Honey burst and a trans red back is what needs to happen here - was there any doubt? That flame needs a lightish color. No metal colors, please. :)

It's a no brainer the top is awesome.  The back is kind of understated by the top, if going transparent, I wouldn't go super dark.  Those amber dyed top LPs in showcase that have trans brown backs, some are bk some are mahogany.  The trans brown is so dark, it's hard to tell what the wood is.  That bk is too beautiful to hide like that.

Updown said:
A quick way is to just Google ... Purple Guitars ... then look at images  :icon_thumright:

Here is a Warmoth Purple Dye on Flame Maple, I have just sitting around doing nothing.  :doh:

That does look great... I vote cream pickups by the way haha

I'm thinking a tobacco burst might look great. That second to last link to Wildwood with the PRS really caught my attention

Honestly - the top is so beautiful, the color won't really even be a factor!  :headbang:

I had my eye on this body as well and noticed it disappeared from the showcase. I ran short of funds or it would have been mine. Beautiful guitar.  Congrats!!!

My plan was to do it in green but hey, it's whatever looks best too you.

JaySwear said:
PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
Nice dog, what breed is it?

Thank you! Not entirely sure to be honest. I think she's part pit bull and part terrier.

And I'm thinking maybe red. Like I said, I'm glad I ordered it without a finish because I'm so indecisive!

This is one of my favorite LP's. A forum member on the My Les Paul Forums owns it. Thoughts? This would be strait from me to Tonar. Too traditional looking?

6932184810_b4db2b5f71_c.jpg

I'm totally on board with that finish. I was going to suggest a tobacco burst and then I saw this.
MULLY
I could go either way.....with the colors

I don't mind the teardrop burst patterns.  I think a lot of those bursts are transparent colors, which would be a waste on a top made for a dye.  If possible, go for a dyed top, even in a conservative color, that fades to a transparent burst around the edges.

Back